Maynooth University is seeking to appoint a Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officer. Reporting to the Director of Governance, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the data protection and freedom of information function across the University. The Data Protection and Freedom of Information Office is legally responsible for ensuring that the University is compliant with GDPR, Data Protection legislation, and Freedom of Information legislation.
These will include:
GDPR and Data Protection Law:
To act as the Data Protection Officer and oversee the University’s compliance with its Data Protection obligations.
- To inform and advise the University and its employees on data protection activities including, Data Sharing Agreements, Data Protection Impact Assessments, and Data Subject Access Requests.
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR, with other European Union or Member State data protection provisions and with the policies of the University in relation to the protection of personal data.
- To oversee a programme of GDPR audits to promote GDPR compliance.
- The management, advice, monitoring and review of the Data Incident Management Response Plan in the event of a personal data/data incident or breach.
- To cooperate with the Data Protection Commissioners (DPC) Office and act as the contact point with the DPC on issues relating to processing, including the prior consultation referred to in Article 36.
- To have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations, considering the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing.
Senior Administrative Officer IV (2022) Salary Scale: €62,954 – €99,959 p.a. (7 points)
Appointments will be made in accordance with public sector pay provisions.
23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Sunday, 5th February 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified above. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Maynooth University is an equal opportunities employer
The position is subject to the Statutes of the University
Records Management Assistant, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Coventry University has been ranked joint first amongst Modern Universities in England for career prospects and we are in the top 6 universities for student experience. Our commitment to providing...
Women In He Project Officer, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD), United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Applications are invited for a specified purpose (estimated 12 months) post of a Women in HE Project Officer within UCD Access & Lifelong Learning. The role of UCD Access & Lifelong Learning (ALL)...
Recruitment Officer (Systems & Operations) , ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for a Temporary 5 year post of a Recruitment Officer (Systems & Operations) within UCD Global. UCD Global steers and guides the global strategies of the university, provid...
Research Assistant (Post Doc/Ph D Candidate) (M/F/D) With The Focus On "Process Engineering: Control Of Crystallization Processes , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Chair of Systems Process Engineering - TUM School of Life Sciences 15.03.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Systems Process Engineering at the Technical University of Munich (Weihe...
Facility Health And Safety Officer, University of Alberta, Canada, about 7 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full time con...
Biological Safety Officer, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 13 days ago
As a biological safety officer, you will work closely with the University's occupational hygienist. In this position, you will support the entire organisation across a broad scope of biological sa...