Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. Maynooth University is seeking an experienced Communications Officer to lead and coordinate communications for our Development and Alumni Relations Office and Maynooth University Foundation. The Officer will work with all relevant staff to develop communication strategies and proactively implement digital and offline communication plans that serve the University’s strategic interests, and objectives for alumni engagement and philanthropy. In addition, the Officer will play a fundamental role in stakeholder engagement for the office.
The post holder will report to the Development and Alumni Relations Officer at present and work closely and collegially across the Development and Alumni Relations Office team, the Office of External Relations, and colleagues throughout the University. The post holder will play a vital role in a growing and ambitious team.
This will include but is not limited to:
Strategically plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate communications for digital and offline information channels, and stakeholder engagement programmes and initiatives for the Development and Alumni Relations Office and Maynooth University Foundation.
- Ensure an effective online presence for the Development and Alumni Relations Office and Maynooth University Foundation.
- Produce, publish, and contribute to content across content channels. Including newsletters, press releases, photography and video scripting and production and communications and marketing campaigns that expand the reach and impact of our work.
- Build and develop the Office’s social media presence – develop and manage a social media calendar, undertake social media monitoring and reporting, preparing, and present analytics reports on online engagement.
- Use user feedback and data analytics (such as Google Analytics) to set goals, measure, evaluate and report on performance both during and post campaigns.
- Lead content production of the alumni magazine; liaise with graphic design and other agencies to create engaging content to reach and interact with alumni and supporters.
- Support stakeholder consultations, publications, and communications campaigns (third-party organisations or service providers) as required.
- Help develop and implement communications policies and workflows for the Development and Alumni Relations Office and Maynooth University Foundation.
- Support the management of budget and resources for the communications function, ensuring that communications projects are delivered to agreed deadlines, to a high standard and measured against clear KPIs. This includes working alongside external agencies and suppliers, where appropriate.
- Help drive a data-informed and evidence-based culture of testing and reporting within the office by reporting and assessing project and campaign performance and engagement to make recommendations for future work.
- Organise communications coordination and planning meetings.
- Contribute to strategic discussions on stakeholder engagement.
- Represent and promote the organisation, for example, by attending and participating in conferences or seminars, as required.
- Participate in training and development programmes or courses to maintain and improve performance.
- Undertaking such duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Administrative Officer II : €41,317 - €59,152 per annum (9 points)
Appointments will be made in accordance with public sector pay provisions.
23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Sunday, 5th March.
Please note all applications must be made via our Online Recruitment Portal at the following link:
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified above. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Maynooth University is an equal opportunity employer
The position is subject to the Statutes of the University
Senior Marketing Strategist, University of Alberta, Canada, 16 days ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full time con...
Director, Alumni Relations And Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi Advancement & Philanthropy, New York University, United Arab Emirates, 17 days ago
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director, Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, Abu Dhabi reporting jointly to the Associate Vice Chanc...
Senior Administrator, College Office, UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD), United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Applications are invited for a Fixed Term, 3 year post of a Senior Administrator / Admin Support Team within UCD College Office. The College of Health and Agricultural Sciences College Office requ...
Content And Campaigns Manager, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview: About RMIT Vietnam RMIT is a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. We are global in footprint and even more importantly, we are global in mindset. We are committed to ...
Advancement Coordinator/Coordinateur De L'avancement, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page . If you previously ap...
Creative Content Officer (12 Months & Contracted Through 3rd Party), RMIT University, Australia, 12 days ago
Overview: About RMIT VIETNAM RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and ...