Biomedical Engineer - Medical Device Designer (Fixed Term Contract up to 31st July 2020)
Location: MET Technology Gateway, Galway – Mayo Institute of Technology, Dublin Rd Campus, Galway, Ireland.
Duration: Fixed term contract up to 31st July 2020
Funder: Enterprise Ireland. This project is co – funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under Irelands European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2014 – 2020. Ref: Commercialisation Fund CF – 2017 – 0676 - P
Project Title: Development of a medical device for heart failure treatment.
GMIT’s Medical Engineering Technology Gateway integrates a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating to provide clinically inspired solutions to clinicians and the MedTech Sector. GMIT’s MET Gateway delivers unique research, design and development to advance pre-clinically relevant in vitro simulators that replicate various parts of the human anatomy. This commercialisation fund is the “Development of a novel endovascular device for heart failure treatment”. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates with engineering, post- doctoral and /or industrial research experience for this fixed term position as a Biomedical Engineer to work in the MET Technology Gateway at Galway – Mayo Institute of Technology, Galway Campus.
• Working on a fully instrumented test system for simulating physiological flow conditions within heart failure cases and to accommodate the delivery of a medical device to assess the haemodynamic performance of a novel device for heart failure.
• Design for manufacturability.
• Engage in the procurement of suppliers.
• Provide design inputs into the proposed medical device solution.
• Advancing the technical device development in line with commercialisation strategy.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks, research records and generate technical reports and data as required by the management team.
• Attend regular meetings with project team and other stakeholders.
• Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies.
• Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging form this project.
• Engage and communicate with other stakeholders.