Biomedical Engineer - Medical Device Designer (Fixed Term Contract up to 31st July 2020)
Location: MET Technology Gateway, Galway – Mayo Institute of Technology, Dublin Rd Campus, Galway, Ireland.
Duration: Fixed term contract up to 31st July 2020
Funder: Enterprise Ireland. This project is co – funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under Irelands European Structural and Investment Funds Programme 2014 – 2020. Ref: Commercialisation Fund CF – 2017 – 0676 - P
Project Title: Development of a medical device for heart failure treatment.
GMIT’s Medical Engineering Technology Gateway integrates a multidisciplinary team of researchers collaborating to provide clinically inspired solutions to clinicians and the MedTech Sector. GMIT’s MET Gateway delivers unique research, design and development to advance pre-clinically relevant in vitro simulators that replicate various parts of the human anatomy. This commercialisation fund is the “Development of a novel endovascular device for heart failure treatment”. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates with engineering, post- doctoral and /or industrial research experience for this fixed term position as a Biomedical Engineer to work in the MET Technology Gateway at Galway – Mayo Institute of Technology, Galway Campus.
• Working on a fully instrumented test system for simulating physiological flow conditions within heart failure cases and to accommodate the delivery of a medical device to assess the haemodynamic performance of a novel device for heart failure.
• Design for manufacturability.
• Engage in the procurement of suppliers.
• Provide design inputs into the proposed medical device solution.
• Advancing the technical device development in line with commercialisation strategy.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks, research records and generate technical reports and data as required by the management team.
• Attend regular meetings with project team and other stakeholders.
• Ensure that project work is performed in line with Health and Safety and other relevant Institute policies.
• Maintain confidentiality of all background IP, foreground IP, and research results emerging form this project.
• Engage and communicate with other stakeholders.
Lecturer Below The Bar In Biomedical Engineering , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 14 days ago
Applications are invited for two appointments as Lecturer Below the Bar in Biomedical Engineering, Specific Purpose contract circa 5 years, full-time and Lecturer Below the Bar in Biomedical Engin...
Executive Dean Of The College Of Arts, Social Sciences And Celtic Studies, Established Professor , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for an appointment as Executive Dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Celtic Studies, Established Professor at NUI Galway. The National University of Ireland Ga...
Lecturer Below The Bar In Economics , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 2 days ago
The J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics is a leader in business research and education nationally, and comprises five disciplines: Accountancy and Finance, Business Information Systems, Ec...
Lecturer Above The Bar In Financial Economics , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 2 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION Ranked in the top 2% of universities globally, NUI Galway is one of Ireland’s foremost centres of academic excellence, with over 18,000 students and more than 2,600 staff. Over the...
Director Of Content & Media , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for an appointment as Director of Content & Media to join the new Development Directorate at NUI Galway. This is a new role and the successful candidate will have the resp...
Vice President: Research & Innovation , National University of Ireland, Galway ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
Applications are invited for an appointment as Vice President: Research & Innovation The ideal candidate will be a graduate, with a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, and will have a demonstra...