Department of Public Policy
Open until filled
Starting date :
September 1, 2021
The Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Department/Program Coordinator position at the School of Public Policy (SPP) at the Vienna Campus.
SPP is a multi-disciplinary graduate institution committed to the values of open society and creating strong and flexible links between research and practice as one way of responding to what is, overall, a failure of policy elites to tackle the most urgent problems of our time. The School offers four master's degrees in public policy, and the public policy track of the Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science program. The degree programs are tailored for students from around the world seeking careers in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors at the local, national, European Union and international levels. The School boasts a team of outstanding resident faculty , world-class visiting faculty made up of top researchers, and practitioners in the public policy field who bring a wide array of academic and practical subjects to SPP's diverse classrooms.
The School has built strategic partnerships with policy actors across the globe while deepening cooperation with the Open Society Foundations and its networks such as OSUN and CIVICA , within which it is launching new collaborative programs. SPP is currently accrediting a new Executive Master of Public Administration program tailored for mid-career professionals. The new colleague will primarily support these new OSUN and CIVICA programs and the preparation of the EMPA program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- General program coordination and support
- Preparation of program documents, guides, plans, online resources, and other materials for a successful launch of the programs
- Coordination of the OSUN and CIVICA partnership agreements and other agreements.
- Managing administrative matters with consortium partner universities and institutions,
- Liaison with OSUN and CIVICA partner institutions on joint affairs.
- Coordinating the recruitment and admissions process for students
- Supporting the course enrollment, teaching schedule, and room assignments of degree and certificate programs.
- Preparing and maintaining materials related to course accreditation.
- Ensuring that students adhere to university and program policy.
- Providing high-level administrative support to faculty, students and guests.
- Communicating and coordinating with students.
- Managing financial issues of the students.
- Processing data (UIS, SITS, EACEA mobility tool databases).
- Providing data for the program reports – especially financial ones — and preparing reports.
- Liaising with other university offices at CEU for Student Records, Budget, Communications.
- Organizing academic and social events, project-related meetings for partners and stakeholders.
- Keeping the program guides and programs’ websites up to date.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (at least)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to balance sensitivity towards student needs with ensuring student adherence to university and program regulations
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is a must.
- Proficiency in using Office 365 and MS products
- Financial skills for budgeting and reporting
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
- Multicultural orientation and open-mindedness
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Interest in creative problem-solving
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Proficiency in spoken and written German is an advantage.
- Experience in working with CEU is an advantage
- Previous Higher Education sector experience is an advantage
- Experience with joint degree programs is an advantage
We offer a competitive gross annual salary of 36-40,000 EUR, commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- A cover letter
- A full resume
- A writing sample, preferably business correspondence.
Please send your complete application package to:
firstname.lastname@example.org - including job code in the subject line: 2021/055.
We do not ask for reference letters at the first stage of application; the referees of long-listed candidates may be contacted for references later by CEU.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/ .
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
Assistant Professor In Organizational Theory And Public Administration, Central European University..., Central European University GmbH, Austria, 15 days ago
Starting date: September 1, 2022 Application deadline: December 31, 2021 Full Or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week) Location: Vienna The Department of Public Policy (DPP) is seeking to fill a fu...
Assistant Professor Entrepreneurship & Innovation , Central European University ;, Austria, 16 days ago
Central European University (CEU) is seeking candidates for an Assistant Professor position in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. The position will offer an internationally competitive teaching load, ...
Head Of Science Education And Science Experience Center (Vista), IST Austria, Austria, 7 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria / Home Office possible € 56,000* gross/year IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting...
Exhibition Curator, IST Austria, Austria, 23 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) – Limited for 1 year (extension t.b.d.) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 2,800* gross/month IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institu...
Introduction To Spatial Analysis In Qgis (Online), Center for Wildlife Studies, United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCenter for Wildlife StudiesLocationOnlineJob CategoryTrainingSalaryN/AStart Date12/20/2021Last Date to Apply...
Biochemist Protein Service, IST Austria, Austria, 1 day ago
Full Time (40h/w) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 45,000* gross/year IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in m...