Center for Teaching and Learning
Open for Employee Referral
Open until filled
Starting date: Negotiable between March 1, 2021 and August 1, 2021
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for an Academic Technologist position from candidates with experience in educational technology, instructional technology, or other relevant background.
The Academic Technologist reports to the Director of the CTL and serves as a technical expert on supported platforms. The Academic Technologist draws on their technological and pedagogical expertise to collaborate with CTL colleagues, CEU faculty, doctoral students, and TAs in developing and enhancing blended and online learning experiences. Furthermore, the Academic Technologist provides consultations, training, and support for faculty, doctoral students, and TAs in blended and online learning. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has a learning-centered design approach with substantial understanding of higher education pedagogies, as well as of relevant technologies. The Academic Technologist focuses on user experience, cares for accessibility, and explores creative approaches to using technology in support of pedagogical goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the CTL team and other CEU members in the development and launch of blended and/or online courses and digital learning assets.
- Partner with the CTL team and CEU faculty on projects related to the implementation of technology-supported teaching enhancements.
- Provide training, individual consultations, and support to CEU members in online and digital technologies.
- Create and/or modify visual design graphics used for course layouts.
- Design course layouts and pages with focus on user experience and accessibility.
- Collaborate in the development of work-flow processes and style guides.
- If required, lead and manage relationships with external vendors including creating and managing budgets and scope of work.
- Continually monitor developments and innovations related to effective and innovative use of technology within higher education and related markets.
- Conduct targeted market scans of technology solutions when project-based or faculty-initiated needs arise.
- Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Three years of experience in designing and developing digital learning assets.
- Three years of experience in programming blended and/or online learning experiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated technical experience developing, deploying and supporting courses in current learning management systems (Moodle and Canvas preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with programming, with graphic art programs (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite), with sound capture and editing, and with video production and post-production.
- Demonstrated experience with learning analytics and evaluation.
Additional qualifications that would represent an advantage:
- Master’s in Education in addition to a degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
- Experience working in a higher education environment as an academic technologist, educational technologist, instructional technologist, or similar positions.
- Experience providing training or individual consultations in a higher education environment.
- Additional years of experience in designing, developing and using online learning technologies in teaching and learning in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience with Data Science tools (such as Rstudio and Jupyter Notebooks) or a desire to learn.
The appointment will be in Vienna. Occasional consultations and project meetings might be required also in Budapest.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Motivation letter;
- Contact information of three references.
- A portfolio of past projects to demonstrate learning-design approach and technical skills.
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com - including job code in subject line: 2020/088. Informal inquiries and questions of an academic nature may be addressed to Dr. Michael Kozakowski, Director of the CTL (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Only complete applications will be considered. Shortlisted applicants will participate in an online / telephone interview.
Employee Referral Program application:
If one of our employees have drawn your attention to this job opportunity, please apply via this email address, and mention our colleague in the cover letter: advert088Referral@ceu.edu - including job code in the subject line: 2020/088.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/ .
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
Manager, Instructional Design Digital Education, Center For Learning And Teaching (Clt), American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 20 hours ago
Reports to: Associate Director Digital Education, CLT Purpose: Under the supervision of the associate director for digital education, this position entails leading teams of CLT staff, and studen...
System Administrator, IST Austria, Austria, 6 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 2.800* gross/month IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier re...
Staff Position Manager, Instructional Design Digital Education, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 22 hours ago
About The American University in Cairo: Founded in 1919, AUC moved to a new 260-acre state-of-the-art campus in New Cairo in 2008. The university also operates in its historic downtown facilities...
Project Technician Research Group Novarino, IST Austria, Austria, 9 days ago
Full Time (40h/w) – Limited until February 28th, 2023 Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria € 2,000* gross/month IST Austria is growing. Grow with us! IST Austria is a growing international institute f...
Is Ternship Summer Program Funded Internship (# Of Pos: 30), IST Austria, Austria, 11 days ago
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is looking for highly qualified bachelor’s or master’s students in the fields of biology , computer science , data science , mathemati...
University Professor (F/M) For The Subject Area Of Sustainable Mining Engineering, Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria, 4 days ago
At Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Austria, the position of a University Professor (f/m) for the subject area of Sustainable Mining Engineering pursuant to § 98 of the Austrian University Act (UG) 2002...