Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties and the School of Interdisciplinary Studies, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in the areas of Arts, Business and Social Sciences, and the broad curriculum covers an array of general education, interdisciplinary and science courses. The School of Graduate Studies offers research and taught postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines, and provides professional education for the wider society. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. Applications are now invited for the following post:
Senior Manager and Strategic Lead, Learning Enhancement and Design
Teaching and Learning Centre
(Post Ref.: 23/52)
The Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) at Lingnan University strives to create an institutional culture that values, rewards and sustains engagement, innovation and excellence in learning and teaching. We promote outcomes-orientated, high-impact teaching practices in Liberal Arts Education that foster deep, lifelong learning and, ultimately, student success.
It is an exciting time to join the Teaching and Learning Centre with an approved Strategic Plan and work across four areas of strategic priority: Learning Enhancement, Learning Innovation, Learning Analytics and Learning Design.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our Learning Enhancement/Learning Design initiative as a Senior Manager, Learning Enhancement and Design. This position will report to the Director of TLC.
- Lead a multifaceted approach to the professional development of Lingnan staff in order to enhance teaching quality
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including both faculties and administrators, to implement outcome-based approaches to teaching and learning (OBATL), and criterion-referenced assessment at the University, including a comprehensive curriculum approach to support the alignment and embedding of Lingnan’s graduate attributes Plan and organize professional development activities for newly joined and current teaching staff
- Coordinate various quality assurance activities to ensure teaching and learning practices are in alignment with the university’s guidelines and the overall QAC theme
- Implement innovative practice in professional development activities to encourage and support academic staff to apply and embed new learning and teaching techniques and approaches, and where appropriate, the use of e-learning technologies
- Promote collaboration among Lingnan University academic staff to cultivate interdisciplinary partnerships and to disseminate effective pedagogies and good practices in teaching and learning
- Lead the design, development and implementation of Blended Learning curriculum
- Plan and lead other aspects of learning enhancement and design strategic priorities in alignment with the overall Teaching and Learning Centre’s strategic plan
- A Master’s degree or Doctorate in education or equivalent professional qualifications
- Ideally around 15 years of relevant experience in supporting large-scale Learning and Teaching institutional projects, with proven track records of development and implementation of innovative learning approaches
- Excellent presentation, analytical and written skills in English
- Knowledge and expertise in professional development and teaching capabilities frameworks, outcome-based education, teaching and learning change initiatives, student assessment, pedagogical design, education technology, and curriculum
- Extensive experience in facilitating professional development for academic staff across a range of learning and teaching areas such as 21st Century approaches to Learning and Teaching, Curriculum, Assessment, Outcomes Based Education and understanding of practice, theory and research in these areas being essential
- Excellent understanding of project management and educational quality assurance processes
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven project management skills with examples of noticeable outcomes
- Teaching experience in Higher Education and/or CMALT or SFHEA (desirable)
Candidates with less / more experience will also be considered for appointment at a relevant rank.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
The rank and commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund and gratuity.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click “Apply” to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
Shortlisted applicants for interview(s) will be required to prepare a short presentation outlining their suitability for the role.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Professor/Associate Professor, Innovation And Entrepreneurship, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 15 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Hong Kong A...
Visiting English Tutor, Centre For English And Additional Languages, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 2 days ago
6 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Language sciences Literature Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Hon...
Professor/Associate Professor, Public Policy/Policy Studies, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 15 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Political sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Hong Kong Application Deadline 21 Jun 2023 ...
Chair Professor Of Interdisciplinary Studies / Professor, Sustainability And The Environment, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 23 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, Department Of Finance And Insurance, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 23 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Hong Kong Application...
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor, Department Of Marketing And International Business, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, Hong Kong, 29 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company LINGNAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Hong Kong Ap...