Einrichtung: Department ‚Wood Technology and Wood-based Composites (ID 15521)
Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Kai Zhang
In the Department ‚Wood Technology and Wood-based Composites‘ at the Georg-August-University of Göttingen is since 01 Sep. 2021 one position open as:
wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d)
(Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L -
with 100% of regular working hours (zzt. 39,8 hours/week) for 3 years with the possibility to be extended.
Our department is active in the cutting-edge fields: we are developing diverse novel green and sustainable chemical methods for the valorization and functionalization of bio-based compounds, methods for the fabrication of sustainable functional materials and are also interested in investigating diverse fundamental physicochemical processes. Our department provides a multi-disciplinary working field with dynamic research activities, which is always open for engaged minds.
- Design, performance and development of scientific experiment for chemical modifications of biomass, in particular polysaccharides, for further preparation of diverse coatings, elucidation of the chemical structures and reaction process
- Summarizing reports and presentation of results, writing of scientific publications
- Project management of the scientific work
- Consulting and contribution to writing research proposals
- Excellent or highly successful Master and Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat., PhD or equivalent) in the fields of chemical synthesis, polymer chemistry, green chemistry, or related subjects
- Solid synthesis experience and hand-on experiences with synthesis methods and analytical devices
- Familiar with highly up-to-date research topics in above mentioned fields
- Highly motivated and with strong interest in experimental work
- Ability to work independently
- Publication experience in relevant journals is preferred
- Previous working experience as a postdoctoral research is preferred
- Fluency (oral and written) in English
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Interested applicants should send until 28. May 2021 the following documents in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to Georg-August-University of Göttingen, Prof. Dr. Kai Zhang, Abteilung Holztechnologie und Holzwerkstoffe, Büsgenweg 4, 37077 Göttingen.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae including information on professional development, publications, posters, presentations, awards etc.
- References who can speak on your research skills (name and contact information of two senior researchers)
Feel free to email any questions you may have on the position or the group research to: email@example.com or per Tel. +49 551-39-24505
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Senior Research Engineer Deep Eutectics/Switchable Ionic Liquids , Umeå University, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
Senior Research Engineer - Deep Eutectics/Switchable Ionic Liquids The Department of Chemistry is now offering a senior research engineer position within the project aiming at developing the conce...
Statistician / Psychologist (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, 1 day ago
The Institute of Medical Psychology and Medical Sociology, University Medicine Göttingen is looking for: Specialization: Habilitation / PhD / Dr. / MSc Limitation: initially limited for 2 years Wo...
Clinician Scientist Position (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, 1 day ago
The Cluster of Excellence „MULTISCALE BIOIMAGING" (MBExC) invites applications for a: We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated clinician with an interest in neuro and cardiac research ...
Universidad Politecnica De Madrid Profesor Contratado Doctor Escuela Tecnica Superior De..., Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, 25 days ago
Departamento: INGENIERÍA Y GESTIÓN FORESTAL Y AMBIENTAL 1 Plaza de Profesor Contratado Doctor, con dedicación a tiempo completo Área de Conocimiento: INGENIERÍA AGROFORESTAL docente: “Protección d...
First Research Engineer In Biochemical Process Engineering, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is experiencing strong growth with world-leading competence in several areas of research. Our research is conducted in close collaboration with industries such as LK...
Group Leaders (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, 1 day ago
The European Neuroscience Institute in Göttingen (ENI-G) Germany announces positions for About us: The ENI-G, a joint initiative between the University Medical Center Göttingen and the Max-Planck-...