Universitätsbibliothek: Center für Digitale Systeme (CeDiS)Software developer (m/f/d) for learning analytics based digital learning systems in the BMBF funded project „technology for competence (tech4comp)“ 80%-part-time job limited to 31.03.2022 Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: CeDiS_tech4comp_2020_04 (englisch) Bewerbungsende: 01.02.2021
As an institution of the university library the “Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS)” supports all faculties and institutions of Freie Universität Berlin in media and technology enhanced learning, teaching, assessment and research. CeDiS’ service offering includes the conception and implementation of technology-based teaching, learning and exam scenarios, solutions for web based publication and digital research environments as well as the provision of central platforms like CMS, LMS, Blogs and Wikis. CeDiS also offers extensive consulting, training and media services. Find more information at: http://www.cedis.fu-berlin.de .
The international CeDiS team is involved in many interdisciplinary third-party funded projects. One focus is on the federal-state program "Digital Higher Education" (https://www.bmbf.de/de/digitale-hochschullehre-2417.html ). The concepts to be developed by Freie Universität Berlin within this program focus on improving the students' acquisition of skills through the use of data analytics in computer-aided teaching, learning and examination scenarios.
The exploratory research project "technology for competence (tech4comp) - personalized competence development through scalable mentoring processes" is a collaborative project led by the University of Leipzig. The project aims to digitally redesign mentoring with the help of data analytics and artificial intelligence in order to develop mentoring for large cohorts of students.
The sub-project "tech4comp - data analysis and implementation" located at the FUB deals on the one hand with the university's organizational framework and on the other hand with the didactical and technical basics for the sustainable implementation of digital mentoring at universities.
To approach mentoring, the intention is to prepare data (including learning analytics and administrative analytics) from various teaching, learning and examination systems. This data should be made available to learners and teachers in particular as descriptive, diagnostic, predictive or even prescriptive analytics.
Freie Universität Berlin, as one of the universities of excellence, offers you as a software developer the opportunity to innovatively help shape this project together with an international and interdisciplinary team.
Further information on the project can be found at:
• Identification of data in learning and examination systems that are suitable for data analytics evaluations (e.g. learning analytics, administrative analytics);
• Specification, conception and prototypical development of interfaces for the extraction of the identified data;
• Specification, conception and prototypical development of a database agent for the provision of an analytics platform (e.g. sensor fusion platform) for students and teachers;
• Identification of digital platforms available on the market (e.g. personal learning environments, learning management systems) that are suitable for further development for (semi) automated mentoring based on analytics data;
• Supporting approaches to organizational implementation of analytics in higher education;
• Participation in the scientific exchange with the partners in the collaborative project.
Scientific university degree (diploma, master, magister, state examination) in the subjects of computer science, business informatics, statistics or in courses with a focus on IT or statistics or comparable skills and experience.
• Experience in the technical conception of platforms and applications in the context of e-learning scenarios;
• Experience in the conception, implementation and application of tools for knowledge discovery in databases, data mining, data analytics, learning analytics, machine learning;
• Profound handling of software development tools and frameworks (Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Ajax, R, etc.);
• Experience in the conception and implementation of web interfaces (RestAPI, xAPI and others);
• Experience in the conception, implementation and application of platform as a service technologies (Docker etc.)
• Experience with data and sensor fusion platforms;
• Experience in project work with interdisciplinary teams;
• initiative and teamwork;
• Pragmatic and goal-oriented way of working;
• Good knowledge in English and German
For further information, please contact Mrs. Claudia Ruhland (firstname.lastname@example.org / +49.30.838-66776).
Sustainability Research Liaison Officer (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
“Research for the future of our freshwaters” is the mission of the Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB). The IGB is Germany’s largest and one of the leading internat...
Experienced Researchers (R2) Ai In Urban Planning And Design (# Of Pos: 2), Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski - GATE institute - Big Data for Smart Society, Bulgaria, 1 day ago
The GATE Institute is seeking to appoint Researchers in 3D City Modeling, Analysis and Simulation, who will be intricately involved in the GATE City Digital Twin project. It is a large interdiscip...
Data Analysis On Io T Devices And On Sales Data Related To An Advanced Industrial Context, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy, 13 days ago
The research project consists in the definition and next design and implementation of a data analytics framework based on tools related to the Python ecosystem for Data Science (Pandas, Scikit Lea...
Scientific Researcher (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 9 days ago
DIPF is the Leibniz Institute for Research and Information in Education; it delivers empirical educational research, digital infrastructures and targeted knowledge transfer to improve access to an...
Data Engineer, Datu(a), Spain, 28 days ago
At Datu (a) Smart Digital we put data at the service of the business, providing comprehensive Big Data Analytics & Data Science services focused on the treatment and analysis of data through Data ...
Research Engineer (F/M/D) (Code No. 45) (# Of Pos: 3), TU Darmstadt, Germany, 18 days ago
Support us in the SafeFBDC project based at TU Darmstadt! The main objective of SafeFBDC is to develop a Financial Big Data Clusters (FBDC) to safeguard data sovereignty in the financial sector. T...