Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF),
member of the Leibniz Association
The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) is a foundation under public law. With over 80 employees, PRIF is currently the largest peace and conflict research institute in Germany.
The Research Department I “International Security” is seeking to employ from June 1, 2023, or at the earliest possible date thereafter
Two researchers (m/f/d)
in full time (100%), salary scale E 13 TV-H.
The positions are offered on a fixed-term basis until March 31, 2026 (under the terms of the WissZVG), with a possible extension until 31 December, 2026. The positions are part of the Research Group on “Use and Control of Emerging Disruptive Technologies” (EDT) to be established within the new Cluster for Natural and Technical Science Arms Control Research (CNTR). The Cluster is being set up by PRIF in cooperation with the Technical University Darmstadt (TUDa) and Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) with funding from the German Federal Foreign Office. The Research Group on EDT is led by Prof. Dr. Dr. Christian Reuter (TUDa) and Dr. Niklas Schörnig (PRIF). It aims to scrutinize current issues in EDT control in an interdisciplinary way from the perspectives of natural, technical and political science and to develop technologically-informed policy options.
Your responsibilities include:
- Research at the intersection of the natural and technical sciences and peace and conflict studies;
- Scientifically based technology assessment on EDT and their (possible) military use, as well as their use in the context of arms control;
- Monitoring current and future arms control and export control agreements on EDT;
- Tracking relevant international EDT projects through a Technology Monitor;
- Contributing to the organization of relevant workshops and conferences;
- Publication of research results for various audiences;
- Participation in research on cross-cutting issues within the Cluster;
- Cooperation with colleagues at the Cluster, at PRIF and at TUDa (especially the departments for computer science and physics);
- Support for the local, national, and international networking activities of the Research Group, the Cluster and all partners.
In addition, we expect willingness to cooperate in an interdisciplinary context and to communicate research results to the political and general public. We also expect participation in the committees and overall work contexts of PRIF and TUDa.
As applicant, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Above-average degree in pertinent sub-disciplines of physics, computer science, engineering;
- Ideally above-average doctorate or equivalent professional experience;
- Research interests in the area of control and disarmament of Emerging Technologies with potential military use;
- Willingness to work and cooperate in interdisciplinary project teams and to engage with political research questions;
- Very good spoken and written command of English.
Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years.
You can expect:
- Family-friendly working hours and the possibility to partially work remotely;
- An interesting and varied workplace with affiliations at PRIF and TUDa;
- A motivated and committed team;
- An interdisciplinary and international project setting;
- Internal and external training opportunities;
- The opportunity for scientific and technical research and further academic qualification;
- Teaching opportunities;
- Occupational pension scheme (“VBL”);
PRIF is a recipient of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote equal representation in the work force at all levels and work/life balance. TUDa aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents, including a complete CV (without photo), certificates, references, and a concise outline of your research ideas, in pdf format via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de . Please include the position code “CNTR EDT”. The deadline for applications is March 31, 2023. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.
Post Doc Position: Mechatronics In Agriculture , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
23.05.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Agrimechatronics at Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites for applications for the position of a Post Doctoral Researcher. M/F/D. Applic...
Post Doc Position For Neural Interfacing Brain Computer Interface At Mirmi Tum , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
16.05.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We seek enthusiastic individuals to join our Neural Interfacing research team, for the development of real-time decoding for Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI)...
Research Fellow, Novel Intelligent Control Algorithm, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job Description The Research Fellow (Postdoc) will work under ECE department of NUS in a project in collaboration with A*STAR on novel intelligent control algorithm in electric traction motors for...
Postdoc In Borehole Thermal Energy Storage Control, ETH, Switzerland, 16 days ago
Materials science and technology are our passion. With our cutting-edge research, Empa's around 1,100 employees make essential contributions to the well-being of society for a future worth living....
Research Assistant (All Genders Welcome)Department Für Nutztierwissenschaften, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 2 days ago
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d) Stellen-ID: 74090 Facility: Department für Nutztierwissenschaften Contact person: Anja Vogelpohl email@example.com 0551-3925611 Date of...
University Assistant (Post Doc) , University of Vienna, Austria, about 2 hours ago
Deutsch not authenticated Bitte warten / Please wait The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 184 fields of study, approx. 10.400 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill ...