Technical Assistant (MTA/BTA or equivalent) (m/f/d)
The MPI-CBG is looking for a Technical Assistant (MTA/BTA or equivalent) (m/f/d).
Application Deadline is 22 September 2023
The research group of Dr. Jesse Veenvliet is looking for a
Technical Assistant (MTA/BTA or equivalent) (m/f/d)
working with embryonic organoids, microscopy and genome engineering.
The lab of Jesse Veenvliet focuses on Stembryogenesis (or embryonic organoids), reconstructing mouse and human embryonic development by building embryo-like structures from stem cells in a dish to better understand the complex processes by which embryos shape themselves. The team works with stembryos, because in contrast to their natural counterpart, they are easy to access, track, manipulate and scale, thereby enabling quantitative interrogation of developmental processes across spatial and temporal scales. The diverse “Team Stembryo” is highly interdisciplinary, international and collaborative; English is our institute working language. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, performing and post-processing of experiments, initial analysis, recording of data, and general laboratory organisation.
- Conduct experimental tissue culture activities such as mESC/hESC/hiPSC expansion, freezing, generation of embryonic organoids in large numbers.
- Perform experimental molecular biology work such as cloning, CRISPR, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, electrophoresis, western blot, including recording of data.
- Light Microscopy: collect and prepare samples (e.g. tissue clearing), acquire data with wide-field, spinning disk, confocal laser scanning , multi-photon, and light sheet microscopes. Assist with live imaging.
- Assist in troubleshooting procedures (including discussions with in-house facilities) in case of issues with experimental pipelines.
- Lab organisation, ordering and indexing of materials, safety documentation, equipment maintenance.
- Research technician degree (MTA/BTA) or comparable qualification
- Expertise with mouse and human pluripotent stem cell culture (mESC/hESC/hIPSC)
- Expertise with routine molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, electrophoresis)
- Expertise with confocal microscopy
- Flexibility, team spirit, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9-genome editing and genotyping
- Expertise with library preparation for RNA-sequencing
- Expertise with basic imaging analysis (e.g. Fiji, Imaris, Napari)
- Good level of written and spoken German
- We offer a diversified job in a young, scientifically oriented, international team in one of the most renowned research institutions worldwide;
- Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the applicable German tariff for employees in civil service (TVöD Bund) corresponding with qualification, experience and job responsibilities;
- Attractive pension plan via VBL (Federal and State Government Employees' Retirement Fund);
- Discounted job ticket (VVO) and good public transport connections;
- Support for a positive work-life balance, including a proactive health programs and assistance with family/childcare matters.
The position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For initial enquiries, please contact Brian von Rueden, Head of Human Resources, via email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We encourage you to submit your complete application by 22 September 2023 via our online application system stating Code 2023-Technician-Stembryogenesis-2470: https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/562/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
The following materials should be included:
- Cover letter indicating the motivation to join the Veenvliet lab
- CV including publications
- Academic and professional certificates; contact details of approachable references
Call Igb Ar 13/2023, IGB - CNR: Institute of Genetics and Biophysics "Adriano Buzzati-Traverso", Italy, 6 days ago
24 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IGB - CNR: Institute of Genetics and Biophysics "Adriano Buzzati-Traverso" Department IGB Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Fir...
Ph.D. Position In Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany, 2 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher...
Research Associate, University of Alberta, Canada, about 4 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff Agreement , this position offers a compr...
Image Analysis And Advanced Fluorescence Microscopy Centre For Genomic Regulation (Crg) , Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 4 hours ago
1 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Centre for Genomic Regulation Department Human resources Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Recognise...
Technical Assistant (F/M/D) Zebrafish, Leibniz, Germany, about 18 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology in Magdeburg (Germany) is an internationally recognized neuroscience research institute and dedicated to the research on learning and memory. Our research c...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) In Stem Cell Biology, With A Focus On Rare Diseases Affecting Children, University of Alberta, Canada, about 5 hours ago
The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Alberta has an opening for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) in stem cell biology focused on rare diseases affecting children. Worki...