The Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (www.bnitm.de ) is the largest Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Germany and is the National Reference Centre for Tropical Pathogens, a WHO Collaborating Centre and member of the Leibniz Research Association.
The Department of Virology at the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) in Hamburg is looking for a highly motivated
Technical Assistant (MTA, BTA, Laboratory technician) (m/f/d)
As part of programs for the discovery and rational design of novel antivirals, we seek a highly motivated candidate who wishes to support the research activities of an international team of scientists as well as perform laboratory management duties.
Core tasks will include:
- Molecular biology techniques (RNA/DNA handling, RT-qPCR etc.)
- Cell culture (maintenance, experiments etc.)
- Biosafety level (BSL) 3 and 4 work with highly pathogenic viruses (propagation, virus yield reduction assays etc.)
- Routine documentation of experiments using electronic lab notebook (ELN)
- Laboratory management including the development and implementation of organizational systems for tracking the laboratory materials and caring for the laboratory equipment
- Completed training as a technical assistant (MTA, BTA, Laboratory technician)
- Fluent oral and written English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and flexible
- Laboratory experience is a plus, preferably with molecular biology and cell culture
- Previous work in virology is beneficial
- Proficiency in commonly used software is favourable (Office, Prism etc.)
- An interesting and challenging job in a modern research institution
- Integration into an open-minded and motivated team
- A central location at the Landungsbrücken, which is easily accessible by public transport
- 30 days holidays per year
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Childcare allowance
- Subsidy for HVV-ProfiTicket
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Special conditions in selected sports and fitness clubs in Hamburg
The position is initially limited until 31 December 2020 with the option of a two years prolongation. Remuneration is in accordance with the German salary scheme for the public service (TV-AVH). For the activity in the BSL-4 lab, health suitability and a successful security clearance by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution and Counterterrorism (Ü2) are necessary.
We support our employees in achieving a work-life balance and promote the professional equality of women and men. We strive to assist women in their scientific career, increase the number of women in research and reduce under-representation in all areas and positions in general. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference when equally qualified.
Please apply by 27.5.2020 preferably online as a single pdf file containing the required documents (cover letter, detailed CV, high school and university certificates with grades and contact details of 2 references) via our online form: https://jobs.bnitm.de/Technical-Assistant-MTA-BTA-Laboratory-technician-mfd-eng-f88.html
Alternatively, you can submit your documents referring to“TA_BSL_Antivirals” via postal mail to: Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Human Resources Department, Ms. Jeannette Meurer, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 74, 20359 Hamburg, Germany.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the selection procedure, please contact Ms. Jeannette Meurer (email@example.com) from the Human Resources Department.
For further questions, please contact Dr. Yaiza Fernández-García (firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)40/42818-942) from the Department of Virology.
Mta / Bta / Biologielaborant (M/W/D), German Cancer Research Center in the Helmholtz Association (DKFZ), Germany, 15 days ago
Western Broadcast Transmitter Technician , UNC System Office, United States, 1 day ago
Classification Title: Broadcast & Emerging Media Engineering Technician - Advanced Working Title: Western Broadcast Transmitter Technician Campus: UNC System Office Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job ...
Temporary Laboratory Technologist Physiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Temporary Laboratory Technologist - Physiology - 00CZY Description Maintain a meticulous database for research subjects and their biological specimens. Cell culture (routine maintenance and charac...
"Role Of Phosphodiesterase 4 Isophapharem D (Pde4 D) In Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Hcc)..., Università degli studi dell'Aquila, Italy, 26 days ago
In recent years, the modulation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) has been shown to be of great interest in the control of cell proliferation in different cell lines. Most tumor cells show ...
Broadcast Transmitter Technician , UNC System Office, United States, 1 day ago
Classification Title: Broadcast & Emerging Media Engineering Technician - Advanced Working Title: Broadcast Transmitter Technician Campus: UNC System Office Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary:...
Group Leaders (M/F/D), University of Göttingen, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The European Neuroscience Institute in Göttingen (ENI-G) Germany announces positions for Group Leaders (m/f/d) fixed-term, full-time | Entgelt nach TV-L About us: The ENI-G, a joint initiative bet...