The Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology in Magdeburg (Germany) is an internationally recognized neuroscience research institute and dedicated to the research on learning and memory. Our research comprises all organizational levels of the brain – from molecular and cellular processes to complex neuronal networks and behavior. The Institute is a foundation under public law and committed to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities in employment and research.
The research group Behavorial Neuroscience at the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology seeks as soon as possible a highly motivatedtechnical assistant (f/m/d) for zebrafish
in full-time position (40 hours/ week). The salary depends on personal qualifications and the tasks assigned from pay group 7 to 9a TV-L. The position is initially limited until Dec. 31st , 2026.
How you can support us with your work:
- Performing experiments on the topic „sleep and sleep deprivation“ using zebrafish as a model organism
- Breeding and care of zebrafish lines
- Genotyping and characterization of zebrafish mutants
- Management of internal laboratory databases (e.g. zebrafish lines, plasmids, antibodies)
- Documentation of genetically modified materials and organisms (GVO)
- Instruction of employees, students (laboratory internships) and apprentices in the laboratory guidelines and the handling of equipment in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations
- Coordination of e-mail correspondence for sending and receiving of biological samples
- Planning of needs and procurement of laboratory equipment and supplies as well as consumables
- Budget planning and control
- Creation and management of a supplier-/ company register
- Maintenance and care of the laboratory and laboratory equipment
- General administrative tasks
You are expected:
- To have completed an apprenticeship as a biological laboratory assistant or biological technical assistant (BTA), alternatively you have a Bachelor's degree in life sciences
- Knowledge of zebrafish breeding and care
- Knowledge of genotyping, fluorescence microscopy (especially calcium imaging) and electrophysiological techniques
- Ideally experience in the life sciences / neurosciences
- Proficiency in German and a very good command of written and spoken English
We offer you:
- an interesting and varied field of activity in an international working environment characterized by exciting research projects
- A young and dynamic team that is setting up a new laboratory on the subject of sleep and sleep deprivation using zebrafish as a model organism
- Equal team membership and collaboration with experienced researchers
- Flexible work time and compatibility of career and family as part of our personnel policy
- Employment, remuneration and social benefits according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L)
We welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, and sexual orientation and identity.
Have we aroused your interest and you would like to advance the sleep research with us?
If our demanding challenge excites you and your qualifications and experience fits with us, then we look forward to receiving your application. Please send a single PDF file comprising (1) a brief statement of motivation and lab experiences and techniques, (2) a CV, (3) relevant certificates and (4) your proofs of work, stating the reference LIN 2023/14 until December 17th , 2023 to [email protected] . The interviews are planned to take place in calendar week 4/2024. If you have any questions about the job profile or information about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at the mentioned e-mail address.
If you have an international degree, please also enclose a certificate evaluation from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) with your application. If you do not yet have a certificate evaluation, you would have to apply for one upon successful application. For more information, please visit https://www.kmk.org/zab/zeugnisbewertung.html .
You can find the current job offer here.
Flow Cytometry Specialist, Leibniz Institute for Natural Products Research and Infection Immunology, Germany, 7 days ago
18 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz Institute for Natural Products Research and Infection Immunology Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
Technical Services Co Ordinator (Student Tv Station), University of Ulster, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Role: Technical Services Coordinator (Student TV Station) Faculty: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Grade: 6 (£31, 414 - £37,119) Responsible to: Director - Ulster Screen Academy Campus: Belfa...
Chair Of Agrimechatronics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 10 hours ago
22.02.2024, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Agrimechatronics at Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites for applications for the position of a Research Assistant (Doctoral Student). ...
University Lecturer In Film And Television Studies, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2 days ago
The Faculty of Arts, University of Helsinki, invites applications for the position of UNIVERSITY LECTURER IN FILM AND TELEVISION STUDIES for a permanent appointment beginning on 1 August 2024. The...
Senior Scientist (M/F/D) At The Chair Of Hydraulic Engineering , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 10 hours ago
08.02.2024, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Hydraulic Engineering is hiring to your earliest convenience a new staff member for the Research facility of Hydraulic Engineering and Water Ma...
Two Ph.D. Positions (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 11 hours ago
two Ph.D. positions (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 2757 Facility: Faculty of Chemistry Contact person: Herr Prof. Dr. Franc Meyer [email protected] 0551 3933012 Date of fi...