08.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal
As of now, we are looking to extend our team with a full time Teaching Assistant in Thermodynamics and Heat transfer (m/f/d). The position should be filled as soon as possible. A Master's degree is required, and you should be familiar with simulation software used in the thermo-fluid area, such as Ansys, Abacus and Lammps as well as MS-Office and other teaching-related software.
A Master’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar field
- Familiar with simulation software used in the thermo-fluid area, such as Ansys, Abacus and Lammps
- Familiar with MS Office and other teaching-related software
- Good German language skills
- Proven good knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Be able to prepare teaching materials, and support undergraduate teaching by giving tutorials, answer-ing questions and marking homework etc.
- Good research potential as evidenced by publications and conference presentations
- Good experimental skills by developing experimental rigs
- Experience with teaching support is preferred
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain concepts clearly
- Proven ability to manage competing demands effectively, responsibly, and without close support
- A proven ability to work well both individually and in a team
- A strong commitment to your continuous professional development
- Develop teaching materials and support undergraduate course teaching in Thermodynamics, and Heat Transfer, which includes giving tutorials, answering questions and marking homework etc.
- Conducting research in one of the focused areas in the institute, including nanomaterials design and applications, solar energy technologies, reactive flow, and heat transfer, renewable fuel and combustion
- Develop required experimental facilities, if necessary, and perform experiments in the chosen research area
- Present research outcome in papers and conferences
- Develop research projects and collaboration with industrial partners
What we offer
- Payment according to TV-L West E13 in full time (40.1 hours a week), initially 3 years with the possibility of extension up to 6 years
- TUM has been pursuing the strategic goal of substantially increasing the diversity of its staff. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with equal qualifications. International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note on data protection:
When applying for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data. Please refer to our data protection information in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM data protection information.
We look forward to receiving your informative documents. Please send them either by e-mail to email@example.com in one single pdf file (incl. introductory letter, CV, qualifications, list of publications, any references you might have) or by mail to
Chair of Thermodynamics
Dept. of Engineering Physics and Computation (MW)
School of Engineering and Design
Technical University Munich
Application deadline / Closing date: October 5th, 2022
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Assistant Professorships, TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY MUNICH (TUM), Germany, 18 days ago
TUM is the first university in Germany to reinforce its recruitment policy by a comprehensive tenure track system. Based on best international standards and transparent performance criteria, TUM F...
Rudolf Mößbauer Tenure Track Assistant Professorships, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, 17 days ago
TUM is the first university in Germany to reinforce its recruitment policy by a comprehensive tenure track system. Based on best international standards and transparent performance criteria, TUMFA...
Professor In » Animal Health Genomics «, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, 22 days ago
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for the position of Professor in » Animal Health Genomics « W2 Tenure Track Assistant Professor (with tenure track to W3) or W3 Associ...
Professor In Sustainable Thermal Power , Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
DTU, Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for a position as Professor in Sustainable Thermal Power. The professor will be af...
Assistant In The Scientific Excellence Incubator As Part Of The "Excellence Initiative Research..., University of Wroclaw, Poland, 11 days ago
University of Wroclaw invites applications for the position of assistant in the Scientific Excellence Incubator as part of the "Excellence Initiative - Research University" program at the Faculty ...
Hvac Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 3 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of two years and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Sta...