08.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal
As of now, we are looking to extend our team with a full time Teaching Assistant in Thermodynamics and Heat transfer (m/f/d). The position should be filled as soon as possible. A Master's degree is required, and you should be familiar with simulation software used in the thermo-fluid area, such as Ansys, Abacus and Lammps as well as MS-Office and other teaching-related software.
A Master’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a similar field
- Familiar with simulation software used in the thermo-fluid area, such as Ansys, Abacus and Lammps
- Familiar with MS Office and other teaching-related software
- Good German language skills
- Proven good knowledge of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Be able to prepare teaching materials, and support undergraduate teaching by giving tutorials, answer-ing questions and marking homework etc.
- Good research potential as evidenced by publications and conference presentations
- Good experimental skills by developing experimental rigs
- Experience with teaching support is preferred
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain concepts clearly
- Proven ability to manage competing demands effectively, responsibly, and without close support
- A proven ability to work well both individually and in a team
- A strong commitment to your continuous professional development
- Develop teaching materials and support undergraduate course teaching in Thermodynamics, and Heat Transfer, which includes giving tutorials, answering questions and marking homework etc.
- Conducting research in one of the focused areas in the institute, including nanomaterials design and applications, solar energy technologies, reactive flow, and heat transfer, renewable fuel and combustion
- Develop required experimental facilities, if necessary, and perform experiments in the chosen research area
- Present research outcome in papers and conferences
- Develop research projects and collaboration with industrial partners
What we offer
- Payment according to TV-L West E13 in full time (40.1 hours a week), initially 3 years with the possibility of extension up to 6 years
- TUM has been pursuing the strategic goal of substantially increasing the diversity of its staff. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with equal qualifications. International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note on data protection:
When applying for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you submit personal data. Please refer to our data protection information in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the TUM data protection information.
We look forward to receiving your informative documents. Please send them either by e-mail to email@example.com in one single pdf file (incl. introductory letter, CV, qualifications, list of publications, any references you might have) or by mail to
Chair of Thermodynamics
Dept. of Engineering Physics and Computation (MW)
School of Engineering and Design
Technical University Munich
Application deadline / Closing date: October 5th, 2022
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Ph D On Low Rate Error Correcting Codes For Security Applications, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 24 days ago
PhD on Low-Rate Error-Correcting Codes for Security Applications PhD on Low-Rate Error-Correcting Codes for Security Applications Published Deadline Location yesterday 19 Feb Eindhoven Job descrip...
Ph D On Low Rate Error Correcting Codes For Security Applications, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.6245 Job description Security of embedded systems and digital platforms is paramount in the deployment of the In...
Assistant Professor In Experimental Heat Transfer, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Assistant Professor in Experimental Heat Transfer Assistant Professor in Experimental Heat Transfer Published Deadline Location today 22 Feb Delft Job description Design and optimization of next g...
Assistant Professor In Experimental Heat Transfer , Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Design and optimization of next generation of heat exchangers has to rely on accurate measurement of the local and global variables including temperature, velocity, heat transfer rate, and pressur...
Research Associate (Heat Resilience & Performance Centre), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for the role of Research Associate with the Heat Resilience & Performance Centre (HRPC), Yong Loo Lin School of Medi...
Hvac Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 13 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - North camp...