RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT FROM IDEA TO PROTOTYPE
For our department Plasma Diagnostics at the location in Greifswald we are looking to recruit at the earliest possible date a
PhD Student Plasma Physics and Chemistry (m/f/d)
Fixed term contract for 36 months/Part-time appointment (30 hours/week)/Target salary: TV-L/ E 13
THE TOPIC OF YOUR PHD…
is the investigation of fundamentals of plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition with atmospheric-pressure plasmas. The central idea of our project is to make use of the special characteristics of dielectric barrier discharges with short gas-residence times to identify the main contributors to film formation. In particular, the evidences of an ionic deposition pathway will be studied in a single-filament arrangement. Your investigations will emphasize aspects of discharge physics, namely breakdown and development as well as determinations of key species densities. The project is part of a cooperation with the Technical University of Braunschweig and the department “Plasma Modeling” at our institute.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Construction of dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) reactors for surface deposition experiments
- Determination of argon metastable atoms by means of laser absorption spectroscopy
- Electrical characterization and optical emission spectroscopy of DBDs
- Master in physics, chemistry or similar subjects (at least master thesis should be submitted)
- Fundamental knowledge of plasma physics and plasma diagnostics
- Experience in laser spectroscopy and/or atmospheric pressure plasma sources
- Enjoys working in an international team
- Ability to work independently, structured and meticulous with good communication skills
- Good English skills (spoken and written)
- High degree of commitment, incentive, self-reliant working, ability to handle stress, team spirit, flexibility, reliability and problem-solving competence
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to collective salary agreement of Länder (TV-L) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative and international working environment
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Experienced and professional assistance throughout your PhD
- In-house training (e.g. project management, scientific writing, writing project proposals)
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- In-house German course free of charge
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: December 24 and 31)
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, copies of academic degrees and letters of reference) giving the keyword „0485 PhD Student Plasma Physics and Chemistry“- preferably via our online application form - until 30.8.2022.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
The INP wants equal participation of men and women, especially in science. There are many good reasons why it is worthwhile to promote the potential of women specifically. Qualified women candidates are explicitly called to apply. Handicapped applicants will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Ronny Brandenburg (tel. +49 3834/554 - 3818; brandenburg(at)inp-greifswald.de ).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any expenses associated with the application or job interview due to budgetary regulations.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de .
Ph D Research Position In Chemistry Of Triboelectric Materials Separation Charges, Living, Adaptive and Energy-autonomous Materials Systems (livMatS), Germany, 12 days ago
The Cluster of Excellence livMatS develops completely novel, bioinspired materials systems that adapt autonomously to various environments and harvest clean energy from their surroundings. The int...
Scientific Initiation Studentships (Bl168/2022 Ist Id) (# Of Pos: 6), Associação do Instituto Superior Técnico para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento _IST-ID, Portugal, 15 days ago
Applications are open for 6 Scientific Initiation Studentships, within the framework of project 1801P.01104.1 (IPFN Science Summer Camp 2022/IPFN), Summer With Science 2022, financed by national f...
M 20046– Phd In Novel, Laser Based Neutral & Plasma Flow Diagnostics, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Suriname, 8 days ago
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of mat...
Ph D Research Position Inspext “In Situ Pellicle Exposure And Transmission ”, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 27 days ago
We are looking for a motivated and skilled PhD researcher to investigate the physical and chemical degradation processes of novel ultra-thin freestanding films. These transparent membranes are use...
Ph D Position On The Inverse Biophysical Modeling And Machine Learning In Personalized Oncology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 5 days ago
01.08.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position on image-based personalization of radiotherapy planning for brain tumor patients is currently available at TUM, Munich. The position is super...
18 Ph D Student (M/F/X) Positions, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main (GU), Germany, 22 days ago
The Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main is one of the largest universities in Germany with around 48,000 students and with about 5,000 employees. Founded in 1914 by Frankfurt citiz...