The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
ZALF's research is addressed in three program areas and a research platform. The Impact Assessment of Land Use Change research group analyses changes in agricultural landscapes, their value for people and their impacts for sustainable development. Our international team engages cooperatively in numerous projects in support of sustainable transformation of agricultural landscape systems. As a consortium partner in the "SoilWise" collaborative project, supported by the European Union HORIZON framework, we are committed to enhancing knowledge management strategies in the field of landscape and soil research data. This involves the expansion and further improvement of an interactive overview map and meta-information of Agricultural Long-Term Field Experiments (LTE).
To support our research activities, we are offering a part-time position initially for 6 months (with a possible extension based on performance), starting as soon as possible at our location in Müncheberg, for aStudent Assistant (m/f/d)
80 h/month for an initial period of 6 months
Your potential tasks:
- facilitating the analysis of literature and the communication with LTE holders to provide support for LTE metadata curation, storage, and maintenance
- supporting the integration of LTE metadata into the interactive LTE overview map
- facilitating the analysis of LTE (meta)data for diverse research activities (e.g., GIS and modelling based analysis of soil functions and climate change impacts)
- assisting organizational tasks (workshops, meetings) and scientific publications of the group in peer-reviewed journals
- bachelor degree in Environmental Sciences, Geography, Agricultural Sciences or related subjects
- familiarity with agricultural experiments, preferably LTEs
- familiarity with common data editing and visualization software and/or languages (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, R)
- familiarity with GIS software and tools (i.e., ArcGIS Pro) is relevant
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English, proficiency in German is beneficial.
- ability to work independently as well as in a team
- flexibility and willingness to grasp new interdisciplinary topics
- the opportunity to gain experience in the above-mentioned research fields
- an interdisciplinary research environment
- Work in the exciting field of applied environmental science at a renowned, non-university research institute
- flexible working hours including home office partly and a friendly working environment in the team
- a rural landscape environment with high recreation value that is just a 45 min train ride from Berlin
- flexible working hours and possibility for mobile working
- remuneration is based on the usual public service rates for student/scientific assistants
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. The filling of the position in part-time is possible in principle. Please send your application preferably online with the usual documents, in particular a CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 128-2023 until 31 December 2023.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Cenk Dönmez (cenk.doenmez(at)zalf.de ).
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
(Senior) Research Scientist, Intelligent Ran, VTT, Finland, 7 days ago
17 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company VTT Research Field Engineering » Communication engineering Engineering » Electrical engineering Computer science » Other Computer science » Program...
Fachbereich Politik Und Sozialwissenschaften Otto Suhr Institut Für Politikwissenschaft Exzellenzcluster "Contestations Od The Liberal Script (Scripts)"Student Assistant (M/F/D) 41 H/Month Limited To 31.12.2025 Reference Code: Shk Afrika 4/2024 Bewerbungsende: 04.03.2024, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 4 hours ago
The Institute for Comparative Politics with a focus on politics and society in Africa is embedded in the Otto Suhr Institute of Freie Universität Berlin. Its research and teaching concentrates on ...
Flow Cytometry Specialist, Leibniz Institute for Natural Products Research and Infection Immunology, Germany, 6 days ago
18 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz Institute for Natural Products Research and Infection Immunology Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
Researcher In Crop Production For Dryland And Supplementary Irrigation Systems For The Sustainable Field Crops Program [Ref. 13/24], IRTA, Spain, 27 days ago
29 Jan 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company IRTA Department Human Resources Research Field Agricultural sciences » Agronomics Agricultural sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R...
Internship In Biodiversity Assessment Using Environmental Dna Applied To Agriculture , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 16 hours ago
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Department of Environmental Systems Science (D-USYS) at ETH Zurich conducts research on the condition and functions of environmental systems and develops solution...
Chair Of Agrimechatronics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 16 hours ago
22.02.2024, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Agrimechatronics at Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites for applications for the position of a Research Assistant (Doctoral Student). ...