For the research group “Technology, Power and Domination” based at the Weizenbaum Institute, the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for aStudent Assistant (f/m/x)
starting on 1st November 2023 and to be employed until September 2025 with a weekly working load of 15 hours.
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center is a publicly financed research institution that conducts leading edge theory-based and problem-oriented social science research (http://www.wzb.eu/en ). WZB researchers come from across the globe and work across social science disciplines including sociology, political science, economics, law, and psychology. A member of the Leibniz Association, WZB’s research is directed at the science community, policy makers, the media and the general public.
The interdisciplinary research group "Technology, Power and Domination - TechDo", is headed by Dr. Clara Iglesias Keller and Dr. Lena Ulbricht, as part of the WZB research group Politics of Digitalization, whose Principal Investigator is Prof. Dr. Jeanette Hofmann. The TechDo research group is part of the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society – The German Internet Institute, where it investigates the restructuring of power relations in the context of the digital transformation. Research is conducted on how certain forms of digital infrastructure (especially platforms and artificial intelligence) and the accompanying social structuring change and redistribute political agency. The aim is to analyse the interplay of technical and political, economic and legal dynamics with regard to power and domination and to identify democratic options for a reflexive and active shaping of socio-technical change.
Your tasks and duties
- Supporting research work through the preparation of data and literature
- Support in the preparation of publications and presentations
- (Co-)maintenance of the research group's website
- Support in the organisation and implementation of events as well as other auxiliary activities
Your qualifications profile
- Advanced Bachelor or Master student in social sciences (sociology, psychology, media sciences, political sciences, etc.)
- Special interest in questions of the socio-political and legal consequences of digitalisation for democracy
- Affinity to questions of political theory, sociological theories and/or democratic theory as well as legal and regulatory theory
- An excellent oral and written command of the English and German language (working language in the project is English); knowledge of Portuguese is a bonus
- Team work oriented, capable of independent work
- Knowledge of literature management programs (Zotero) and of working with websites (Wordpress) is an advantage
- Remuneration in accordance with TV Stud III of the state of Berlin (currently EUR 12.96 per hour)
- A well-equipped workplace in the center of Berlin
- International, cooperative, and diversified working environment
- In-depth integration into the scientific community in the form of colloquiums and conferences
- Thorough instruction and guidance
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of mobile working (at least 20% of the weekly working hours agreed in the contract)
- We promote a good work-life balance, and our engagement has been certified by audit workandfamily and the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Cafeteria with modern recreation rooms
Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation. WZB expressly encourages women or persons with migration backgrounds to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the job opening, please contact Yuting Tang, Tel. 030-25491-625. Job interviews will likely take place mid-October.
Candidates are kindly requested to submit their applications either in English or German (consisting of a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates/references, and certificate of enrolment) no later than 30th September 2023 here .
Fachbereich Politik Und Sozialwissenschaften Institut Für Soziologie Ab Soziologie Der Emotionen Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D) With 65%Part Time Job Limited To 31.01.2027 Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Pledge Paredoc Fub Bewerbungsende: 11.12.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
“Politics of Grievance and Democratic Governance” (PLEDGE) is an EU-HORIZON funded research project studying grievances and their impacts on democracy. The project is carried out by 15 partner ins...
Freie Universität Berlin In Cooperation With The Leibniz Institute For Zoo And Wildlife Research (Izw) As Part Of Forschungsverbund Berlin E.V. Is Looking To Fill The Following Professorship In Combination With The Appointment As Director Of The Izw:University Professor Of Interdisciplinary Wildlife Sciences W3 Or Equivalent Bewerbungsende: 27.01.2024, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The School of Veterinary Medicine at Freie Universität Berlin is a prestigious center for research, training, and veterinary services. It is one of only five universities in Germany offering educa...
Ph.D. Position In Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany, 9 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher...
Freie Universität Berlin School Of Veterinary Medicine Small Animal Clinic Employment As Scientific Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D) In A Structured Clinical Education Program In Small Animal Medicine (Internship Certified Specialist) Full Time Employment With The Possibility Of Part Time, Up To 4 Years, Payment Group 14 (German Collective Agreement Tv L Fu). Fu Identifier: Small Animal Clinic Wi Mi Q Fta. Application Is Possible At Any Time. Bewerbungsende: 30.09.2024, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Who we are The School of Veterinary Medicine at Freie Universität Berlin is one of five veterinary schools in Germany and serves as the central university partner for veterinary service in the Ber...
Fachbereich Politik Und Sozialwissenschaften Otto Suhr Institut Für Politikwissenschaft Exzellenzcluster „Contestations Of The Liberal Script (Scripts)“Student Assistant (M/F/D) 41 H/Month Limited To 31.12.2025 Reference Code: Shk Scripts Temporality Bewerbungsende: 11.12.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script (SCRIPTS)” is a research consortium that analyses the contemporary controversies about liberal democracy and the market economy. The ...
Ph.D. Position (F/M/D), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 6 days ago
Ph.D. position (f/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2692 Facility: Faculty of Chemistry Contact person: UnivProf.Dr. Ricardo Andre Fernandes da Mata email@example.com 0551 3923149 Date of filling: As soon as poss...