As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology - Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) - Program Area C, Research and Development, is looking to employ a
Software developer ConfIDent project (m/f/d)
to join the Lab Non-Textual Materials (NTM) at the earliest possible opportunity.
The position is initially limited until 30th November 2022 with envisioned extension. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on pay scale group 13 TV-L.
TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and the department Information Systems & Databases at RWTH Aachen University (Chair of Computer Science 5) work together in the ConfIDent project on the development of a service platform for scientific events. The goal of the project, which is supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG), is to make the descriptive metadata for conferences and other formats of scientific events permanently accessible and to make them available in the highest possible quality through automated processes and scientific data curation. ConfIDent as a sustainable service addresses researchers who search for and publish information on scientific events, as well as universities, information infrastructure institutions, specialised societies, publishers and funding agencies.
Your tasks will focus on
- Improvement of the user interface by improving or implementing Semantic Media Wiki skins or develop a separate frontend always under consideration of user requirements
- Participation in the development of the technical infrastructure
- Development of technical solutions for the import of semi-structured conference metadata, its preparation, the export of the prepared metadata and the access to it via an interface
- Development of a systematic approach for the quality control of user-generated content, implementation of user verification mechanisms and technical implementation of rights and role management
- Independent coordination of tasks with project partners
- Participation in the scientific discourse within the project (scientific publications, conference contributions, etc.) as well as participation in national and international committees and working groups for the further development of the project-relevant topics
- University degree (Master or comparable), preferably in computer science, mathematics or a related field
- Very good knowledge of Python, PHP, MySQL or other modern software development methods (in particular agile Methods, DevOps)
- Expertise in data management (including conversion and curation of data in different formats like CSV, RDF or JSON)
- Expertise in the development of MediaWiki or Semantic MediaWiki applications
- Very good knowledge of the English language in written and spoken form
- Proven team player in an software development environment
Desired additions to your profile
- Experience and interest in user centred design, human-computer interaction and modern web-UI development and applications that deal with crowdsourcing or collaborative communities
- Knowledge of semantic technologies, linked open data, data analysis and digital libraries
What we offer
In TIB’s Research and Development Department , you have the opportunity to further your scientific development in a dynamic and excellent research environment. We provide a scientifically and intellectually inspiring environment with an entrepreneurial mindset embedded in a leading technical university and one of the largest technical information centres being part of the Leibniz Association.
The research department at the TIB is relatively young and offers many opportunities. It is our vision to rethink the representation and provision of data and information and to organize them in an Open Research Knowledge Graph (ORKG ) in the future. There is a close cooperation with the L3S Research Centre at Leibniz University Hannover, one of the world's leading research institutes in the field of Web & Data Science, within the Leibniz Joint Lab Data Science & Open Knowledge.
Last but not least, we attach great importance to an open and creative working atmosphere in which it is fun to work.
Furthermore, we offer
- Funding for necessary equipment, conference and research visit travel
- Candidates will work in the context of a national research and innovation project
- A portfolio of technology components to build on, including ORKG , OpenResearch.org , TIB AV-Portal , DBpedia.org and other
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hanover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life such as mobile work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A job in the public service with a salary in pay scale group 13 TV-L according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L), including a special annual payment and 30 days of vacation per year
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Julian Franken by mail at Julian.franken(at)tib.eu .
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application. To submit your application, please click here .
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 13/2021 before March 16, 2021 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbung(at)tib.eu . For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 550 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
- Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature
- Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology
- Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
Please indicate in the subject line of your application through which job board you became aware of our offer.
For more information about the TIB, please visit www.tib.eu/en/.
Cloud Security Specialist For The Munich Data Science Institute , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 5 days ago
25.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The newly established Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI) offers an opportunity to a Cloud Security Specialist at the earliest possible date for up 4.5 yea...
Documentarist, UNIVERSITY OF BUCHAREST, Romania, 12 days ago
Participation conditions: • University studies in the field of foreign languages, specializing in English and German. • Advanced courses in communication and public relations • Experience in media...
Scientific Fundraising Manager (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 22 hours ago
25.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Biological Imaging (CBI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI) at the Helmholt...
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor Media, Film Or Entertainment Industry Studies , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR– MEDIA, FILM or ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY STUDIES DEPARTMENT: School of Film and Television Arts, Academy of Media and Creative Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE...
Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor In Media, Film Or Entertainment Industry Studies , Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University ;, China, about 5 hours ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts, Academy of Media and Creative Technology UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) ...
Assistant Professor Television And Radio Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Assistant Professor - Television and Radio Studies About University and Faculty Palacký University Olomouc is the second-oldest university in the Czech Republic, educating scholars since the 16th ...