As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research in science and industry. Our services as a university library secure the local supply for the Leibniz University Hannover.
The Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology and Library of Leibniz University Hannover – is planning to set up a portal for Open Educational Resources (OER) for the state of Lower Saxony as a new component in its portfolio. This portal will provide and re-use high-quality course materials for teachers at universities in Lower Saxony. Subject to the final approval of the third-party donor, we are looking for a new partner for the development of the platform within the scope of this project. Therefore, in our Program Area C, Research and Development, the position of a
Software Developer (m/f/d) for Open Educational Resources (OER) Portal Lower Saxony
is to be filled as of August 1, 2019. The position is initially limited to four years. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The position is generally suitable for part-time work. Depending on the qualification (Bachelor/Master), the successful candidate will be grouped either in pay scale group 12 or 13 TV-L .
- Technical conception, implementation and provision of the OER portal on the basis of edu-sharing
- Initial setup and maintenance of the portal
- Further development of the Open Source portal software edu-sharing
- Implementation of interfaces between the OER portal and the TIB AV portal , SlideWiki and Git based systems
- Adaptation/extension of existing interfaces to learning management systems (LMS)
- University degree (Bachelor/Master or comparable), preferably in computer science or a related subject area
- Very good experience in software development in the field of web-based applications (Java, PHP)
- Practical experience in the development and use of web services (REST, SOAP)
- Good knowledge in the application of version management systems based on Git
- A high degree of self-organisation and experience in working independently
- Experience in conceptual and creative collaboration on complex issues
- Experience in agile Software Development with SCRUM
- Good English language skills
- Experience with Open Educational Resources
- Experience in handling common LMS and current tools for the creation of digital teaching and learning materials
- Experience in the conception and development as well as the use of e-learning applications in university teaching
What we offer
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hannover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- Comprehensive and intensive training in an interesting and varied field of activity
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life , such as sabbaticals and mobile work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL )
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A salary according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L)
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to Mr. Klinger, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), by mail at axel.klinger(at)tib.eu .
How to apply
To submit your application, please click here .
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 27/2019 before July 19, 2019 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
Or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbung(at)tib.eu . For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 550 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions, and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life. It wants to promote equal career opportunities for women and men in particular and therefore urges qualified women to apply.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned, and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Large Scale I/O And Data Expert, Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ), Germany, 21 days ago
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (Leibniz-Rechenzentrum, LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities is the IT Service Provider for all Munich universities as well as a growing number of ...
Data Curator For Social Science Research Data, GESIS - Leibniz Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Germany, 14 days ago
GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association. Starting on Octobe...
Team Leader, GESIS - Leibniz Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Germany, 9 days ago
GESIS Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute funded by federal and state governments. It is also member of the Leibniz Association. Starting 1st ...
Web Developer, ZB MED, Germany, 24 days ago
At the ZB MED Information Center for Life Sciences, a position for web developer / web developer, pay group 13 TV-L, in the Publication Platforms section of the ZB MED is currently being filled fo...
Immunology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 16 hours ago
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany, Non-U.S. Position Description: Dendritic cells are versatile controllers of immunity with crucial roles in innate and adaptive immunity. In neonates...
Junior Science Manager , Technische Universität München, Germany, about 12 hours ago
30.07.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal At the earliest possible entry date, the TUM Graduate School is looking for a Junior Science Manager in the area of „International Benchmarking and Diversit...