The University of Oldenburg is one of the younger universities in Germany and its goal is to find answers to the central questions of societies in the 21st century using interdisciplinary top-level research and teaching. Together with four hospitals, which are responsible for the practical training of students in human medicine, the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences forms the University Medicine Oldenburg, which is linked to the University Medicine of the University of Groningen by an intense and close collaboration.
The institute of Immunology at the Department of Human Medicine (Director: Prof. Dr. Karin Loser) is offering a position for a
Scientist / Research Associate (m/f/d)
(salary according to E13 TV-L, 100 %)
for habilitation (postdoctoral lecture qualification). Join our team and support us as of January 1, 2023. The position is initially limited until December 31, 2025 with the option of extension.
What you can expect
- Working in a dynamic, international team with research interests in immunoregulation and autoimmunity.
- Planning and execution of in vivo as well as in vitro assays to investigate the impact of environmental factors on autoimmunity and to better understand pathomechanisms in various organ-specific and systemic autoimmune diseases using innovative cell and organ culture systems as well as unique transgenic and knock-out mouse models.
- (Single cell) RNA sequencing analyses to identify and characterize autoantigen(s) or autoreactive cells in experimental autoimmune models.
- State-of-the-art equipment and know-how for high-resolution immune cell analysis (flow cytometry / cell sorting / cell metabolism analysis).
- Establishing an independent research group and applying for third-party funded projects.
- Contribution in immunological teaching.
What we would expect from you:
- Completed scientific university degree (Master or equivalent) incl. PhD with focus on life science or a similar discipline or proof of an already very advanced PhD process, which is completed at the time of a possible appointment.
- First professional experience as a scientific employee in research projects, especially in the field of immunology, cell and molecular biology.
- Experience in handling mouse models - proof of expertise in experimental animal science (FELASA certificate or comparable qualification).
- Experience in the field of flow cytometry or RNA sequencing.
- Strong interest in scientific issues coupled with an independent, conscientious and accurate work ethic.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills as well as good written and spoken German and English.
- First publication experience.
- Willingness to take on scientific services in research and teaching as well as organizational and administrative tasks.
What we offer to you:
- A full-time position, currently 39.8 hours/week.
- A lively and excellent scientific environment in which to conduct high-quality research and implement ideas.
- A dynamic and collegial working environment.
- Participation in innovative projects in basic research as well as in the clinical-translational field and in several research networks.
- Extensive opportunities for continuing education at the University of Oldenburg, including support for young scientists (https://uol.de/medizin/nachwuchs ).
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours as well as in-house childcare.
- A versatile and challenging job with long-term perspectives in a city with a high quality of life and high recreational value.
The University of Oldenburg is dedicated to increasing the percentage of female employees in the field of science. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with § 21(3) NHG, equally qualified female candidates will be considered preferentially. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application documents (presentation of your motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates) by October 15th , 2022 and mentioning the reference number I-07/2022 to the University of Oldenburg, Department of Human Medicine, Immunology, Carl-von-Ossietzky-Str. 9-11, 26129 Oldenburg or preferably by e-mail as one coherent PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that application and interview costs cannot be covered.
Laboratory Technician In Molecular Biology With The Institute Of Biochemistry , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 19 hours ago
40%-60%, Zurich, fixed-term The Cell Size and Homeostasis lab studies the interplay of cell size and cell function in the context of physiological and pathological conditions, including cell senes...
Discovery Of Mechanisms Underlying Altered Cell Function And Cell Cell Communication Contributing To Cardiac Remodelling During Disease And Ageing By Single Cell Omics., Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2022-873) Laatst aangepast : 4/12/2022 The Laboratory of Experimental Cardiology: The Laboratory of Experimental Cardiology sits alongside clinical and basic research groups within the D...
Research Technician To Support The Single Cell & Microfluidics Expertise Unit, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB life sciences institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. ...
Postdoctoral Scientist (F/M/D) Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany, 25 days ago
Job Code: 417 Job Offer from November 09, 2022 The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried (near Munich, Germany) is one of the leading international research institutions in th...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor Towards Associate Professor In…, University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, about 7 hours ago
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. As an employer, UNIL encourag...
Laboratory Technician, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 8 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and educat...