14.01.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Chair of Biological Imaging (CBI) at the Technical University of Munich and the Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI) at the Helmholtz Zentrum München in Munich, Germany, are an integrated, multi-disciplinary research structure and form the cornerstone of a rapidly expanding bioengineering ecosystem in Munich; including the Helmholtz Pioneer Campus and the Research Center TranslaTUM, which integrate bioengineering with metabolic disorders and oncology, respectively. IBMI scientists develop next-generation imaging and sensing methods to measure previously inaccessible properties of living systems, hence, catalyzing breakthroughs in biology and medicine. Comprising 11 inter-disciplinary laboratories and scientists from more than 25 countries, CBI offers state-of-the-art infrastructure for innovative research and a perfect environment to accelerate your career. Join our team and be part of our rich and dynamic research culture of enquiry and innovation. IBMI researchers come from the top ranks of physics, chemistry, engineering, and biomedicine and attract significant investment from national and international sources. Our scientists serve in international societies and conferences and are recipients of a multitude of top international and German awards, including the prestigious Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz prize and several ERC awards. In addition to scientific excellence, CBI promotes entrepreneurship, company spin-off activities, and collaborations with other top academic institutions and leading corporations in the photonics, pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors. To support our fundraising activities and our publication efforts, we now seek a highly qualified and motivated scientific writer (f/m/diverse). This position will be integral to the IBMI fundraising strategy and publication pipeline and will work closely with the Chair Director and the IBMI Head of Fundraising & Communication as part of the CBI science management team.
The CBI science management team provides comprehensive administrative support to our scientists, giving them room to focus their full creative potential on developing the imaging techniques of tomorrow.
The scientific writer will specifically:
• Lead applications for third-party funding from national and international funding agencies
• Support developing, authoring, and compiling grant proposals together with CBI scientists
• Lead the manuscript writing workflow and oversee implementation of writing guidelines according to our institute standards
• Compile and revise manuscripts for IBMI scientists based on their scientific input and provide assistance in preparing figures, schematics and working models
• Assist submission of grant proposals and manuscripts
• Support project management activities, including compilation of scientific reports
• Work at the interface between IBMI scientists and the central administrations of HMGU and TUM, external partners and national and international funding agencies
• Support IBMI public relations and marketing activities
• Proof-read scientific texts with regard to the various target audiences
The successful applicant must have the following:
• High motivation, scientific curiosity, initiative, and commitment to excellence
• PhD degree in Electrical engineering, Physics, Optics, Medical Technology, Biomedical computing, or Natural sciences
• Extensive experience in independent writing of texts for scientific audiences, including proposals for competitive funding and peer-reviewed publications as well as the general public
• Excellent ability to analyze and present complex research projects to various audiences
• Excellent command of English and German, both written and spoken
• Independent, flexible, and solution-oriented working style
• Strong organizational and management skills
• Commitment to quickly familiarize with new, interdisciplinary research projects
• Collaborative spirit and ability to work on a highly international and interdisciplinary team
• Solid IT skills (MS Office, Photoshop etc.)
CBI we strongly believe that outstanding science needs outstanding science management and for this we rely on a strong team of experienced science managers. This is your opportunity to be part of and to advance your career in a novel, quickly expanding vocational field at the intersection of science and administration. CBI provides a highly international, multi-disciplinary environment offering excellent opportunities for professional growth. We support career development, continuing education and teaching and training opportunities.
Situated in the foothills of the Alps, Munich is consistently ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world, with an exceptionally high quality of life. Greater Munich is also home to several world-class universities and research institutes, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere.
The successful applicant will initially have a 2-year contract, with the possibility of extension. Salary will be commensurate with work experience and seniority (TV-L E13). As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application including your letter of motivation, CV and academic transcripts of records, preferably in English and in a single PDF file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Scientific Writer” in the subject line.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Dr. Barbara Schroeder
tel.: +49 89 3187 4180
Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Chair of Biological Imaging (CBI)
81675 Munich, Germany
Web page: www.cbi.ei.tum.de
Professorship (W2) (6 Years / Tenure Track) Of Dermatology And Venerology With Main Emphasis On..., Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU), Germany, 22 days ago
As one of Europe’s leading research universities, Ludwig-Maxi-milians-Universität (LMU) in Munich is committed to the highest international standards of excellence in research and teaching. Buildi...
Scientific Staff (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 9 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography in Leipzig, Germany, invites applications for a position from 1 August 2019 Scientific Staff (f/m/d) (65% E 13 TV-L) in the area of Digital Humanities ...
Scientific Coordinator (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Friedrich Schiller University Jena connects people and ideas, science and economy, institutions of higher education and external research organizations. Being rooted in the heart of Germany an...
Technician/Engineer (M/F/D), Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany, about 6 hours ago
Start of announcement 22.03.2019 End of announcement 30.04.2019 Institute Institute of Materials Research Location Geesthacht Online-Application to email@example.com Contact person Erika Krüger The ...
Ph D/Research Associate And Data Processing Specialist , Leibniz, Germany, about 14 hours ago
GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association. In conjunction wit...
Scientific Researcher (F/M/Div), Leibniz, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography in Leipzig, Germany, invites applications for a position from 1.7.2019 on as Scientific Researcher (f/m/div) (75% E 13 TV-L) for assistance in our rese...