To work in a team of research scientists and software engineers contributing to the development of the next generation land modeling system ICON-Land and its implementation on new high-performance computing systems. In the German BMBF funded WarmWorld project, key components of the climate information systems (models, data and analysis systems) will be refactored to enable scalable development and application.
Your specific tasks will include:
- Contributions to the development of the ICON-Land modeling systemXxx
- Integration of the hydrologic model ParFlow into ICON-LandXxx
- Performance analyses and tuning
The successful applicant will contribute to the development of ICON-Land and coupling with the massively parallel integrated hydrologic model ParFlow. Applicants are sought with specific interests in
- scientific programming
- high-performance computing; and
- large scale Earth systems simulations and diagnostics.
Your profile in detail:
- Masters with subsequent PhD degree in computer science/engineering, informatics, geosciences (e.g. meteorology, hydrology), civil engineering, applied mathematics or a related field
- Excellent software engineering and scientific software development skills
- Experience or strong interest in in high-performance computing
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an international, interdisciplinary team across institutes
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English and/or German
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- Vibrant international and interdisciplinary work environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- An exceptional research infrastructure
- Attendance at national and international conferences and workshops
- Possibility for further scientific and technical training through international experts
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development, including language courses
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. the possibility to partly work in a home office
- 30 days of annual leave and an attractive solution for bridging days
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is for a fixed term of 2 years, with possible long-term prospects. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Research Scientist, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will be responsible for leading specific research programmes in remote sensing technology and applications. They are expected to continuously enhance the s...
Research Scientist, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 7 days ago
27 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singa...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (F M X) – Water Quality And Epidemiology, Academic Europe, Sweden, 11 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Academic Europe Research Field Geosciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Application Deadline 18 Jun 2023 -...
80988: Engineer Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics Or Similar (F/M/X) ..., Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, Germany, 25 days ago
Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts,Other Job description: The Remote Sensing Technology Institute develops signal processing algorithms for synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and softwa...
Scientist & Project Coordinator (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 19 hours ago
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically...
Fachbereich Geowissenschaften Institut Für Geologische Wissenschaften Tektonik Und Sedimentäre Systeme Doctoral Student In Marine Sedimentology And Paleo Weathering History (M/F/D) With 75% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Palavas 2023 Engl Bewerbungsende: 15.06.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 22 hours ago
We invite applications for a Doctoral Candidate in the research group "Sedimentary Systems" of the Institute of Geological Sciences at the FU Berlin. The research project within the German-French ...