The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) was founded in 1817 and is one of the most important research institutions in the field of biodiversity. At its eleven locations throughout Germany, scientists from over 40 nations conduct cutting-edge research on an international level. At the Görlitz site, the prestigious Senckenberg Museum für Naturkunde Görlitz (SMNG) is located in a historic town with a very liveable region that is particularly close to nature.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung with its head institute in Frankfurt (Main) is looking for the following person for the Senckenberg Naturkundemuseum Görlitz, to start as soon as possibleResearcher (m/f/d) in the Field of Soil Zoology
(full time, part-time option 80%)
- Conducting field work and experiments (soil sampling, experimental set-up)
- Conducting laboratory work with soil invertebrates and microorganisms
- Analysing data and writing research papers
- Supervising students and assistants
- Master’s degree in soil science, ecology or a related subject
- Scientific background in soil ecology
- Expertise in soil invertebrate identification
- Expertise in stable isotope analysis
- Experience in writing scientific papers
- Experience in performing meta-analyses and syntheses
- Very good knowledge of statistical modelling in R
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Team spirit
- Expertise in mycorrhizal fungi ecology
- Expertise in soil microorganism analysis methods
- Expertise in soil physical and chemical analyses
- Expertise in fatty acid analysis
- Expertise in compound-specific amino acid analysis
- Good knowledge of German or willingness to learn German
What is awaiting you?
- An attractive, responsible and challenging position in a globally recognized research institution with motivated and professional colleagues
- Flexible working hours – family-friendly working conditions (certified by the "audit berufundfamilie") – open and collegial environment – Senckenberg badge in connection with free admission to all Senckenberg museums – special annual payment (according to TV-L) – company pension scheme – 30 days holidays
Place of employment: Görlitz (Saxony), scope of employment: Full time, optionally part-time 80% (32 hours/week), type of contract: Limited for 48 months; starting ideally from November 1st 2023, remuneration: According to a public service position, TV-L E 13.
Senckenberg is committed to diversity. We benefit from the different expertise, perspectives and personalities of our staff and welcome every application from qualified candidates, irrespective of age, gender, ethnic or cultural origin, religion and ideology, sexual orientation and identity or disability. Women are underrepresented in the field of this position and will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability. Applicants with a severe disability will be given special consideration in case of equal suitability. Senckenberg actively supports the compatibility of work and family and places great emphasis on an equal and inclusive work culture.
You would like to apply?
Please submit your complete application package (including a brief cover letter detailing your research interests and experience (1 page), a CV and copies of your academic certificates) as one single PDF document mentioning the reference #08-23010 by 27th September 2023 to recruiting(at)senckenberg.de .
You can also apply through our online application form on our website.
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt a.M.
For specific questions about this role please contact Dr. Karin Hohberg.
E-Mail karin firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung please visit www.senckenberg.de .
Postdoctoral Researcher (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
Postdoctoral researcher (all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Abteilung für Bioklimatologie des Büsgen-Instituts, there is a position as Postdoctoral resear...
Doctoral Researcher (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 16 hours ago
Doctoral researcher (all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, DNPW - Abt. Funktionelle Agrobiodiversität, there is a position as Doctoral researcher (all gender...
2 Postdoctoral Researchers In Agricultural Economics (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 16 hours ago
2 Postdoctoral Researchers in Agricultural Economics (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 2706 Facility: Abteilung für Agrarökonomie und Rurale Entwicklung Contact person: Prof. Xiaohua Yu xyu@un...
A Full Time Research Assistant (W/M/D)(All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 16 hours ago
A Full-time Research Assistant (w/m/d)(all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Institut für Informatik, there is a position as A Full-time Research Assistant (...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Agricultural And/Or Environmental Economics(All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 7 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher in Agricultural and/or Environmental Economics(all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Department für Agrarökonomie und Rurale Entwickl...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Soil Science (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
Postdoctoral Researcher in Soil Science (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 2688 Facility: Soil Science of Tropical and Subtropical Ecosystems group (PTS) Contact person: Prof. Dr. Edzo Veldkamp ...