The Institute of Biomaterial Science in Teltow of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht and Berlin Brandenburg Centre for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) invite applications for a Postdoc (m/f) in Interfacial interactions of polymer based biomaterials with biomacromolecules and cells with a focus on work in areas related physico- and biochemistry of proteins. This is initially a 2-years fixed term contract.
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
Job responsibilities include the following:
- responsibility to develop new research strategies for preparation and characterization of multifunctional biomaterials
- characterization of 2D materials based on synthetic and natural polymers by different physicochemical and biological methods including the instrumentation of a Langmuir laboratory
- fundamental research on proteins and their binding mechanism by thermodynamical analysis of protein interactions with cell surfaces in quantitative interaction studies with defined binding partners
- responsibility to guide the integration of optical or electrical methods on monolayer degradation techniques to describe the biodegradation kinetics of functional polymers
- effectively communication and interaction with scientists and engineers to define the requirements of biomaterial research
- dissemination of knowledge through publications in scientific journals and presentations at conferences, symposia and meetings
- work with management and senior staff to plan and design projects
- supervision of graduate and undergraduate students including offering lectures at the university
- active collaboration with universities and other academic or non-academic research institutions
What we expect:
- habilitation and postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing in physical chemistry, polymer chemistry or related fields such as biochemistry or molecular biology
- strong background in analytical chemistry or physics, isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, microbiology of bacteriophages, protein biochemistry, stability and folding
- demonstrated experience in performing material studies and collaboration with theoretical projects in computational material sciences
- ability to work independently and in teams to deliver high-quality results within aggressive timelines
- excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, and writing grant applications
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Burkhard Schulz: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details about the institute, please visit the website at
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (e. g. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer
code no. 2019/B 21
including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials (Habilitation, Ph.D.) including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees to
Attachments of your application preferentially should consist of one PDF file not exceeding 10 MB.
Closing date for applications is August 1st, 2019.
Assistant Teaching Professor, Cinema And Television, Drexel University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Assistant Teaching Professor, Cinema and Television Apply now Job no: 494147 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City Categories: Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, Drexel University, ...
Associate Professor In Tv Production, University of Bergen, Norway, 22 days ago
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowl...
Professor (Artistic Practices) Position In Production Design For Film And Television, Aalto University, Findland, about 15 hours ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Assistant Professor In Microbiology And Glycobiology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Karolinska Institutet, AIMES - Center for the Advancement of Integrated Medical and Engineering Sciences, Department of Neuroscience, Solna AIMES - Center for the Advancement of Integrated Medical...
Readvertisement Professor In Regenerative Medicine (Combined Position), Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
The Research Unit and Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Pharmacology , and the Department of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, invite applications for a combined post as pr...
Research Engineer For Development Of Organic Solar Cells, Linköping University, Sweden, 8 days ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...