The Institute of Biomaterial Science in Teltow of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht and Berlin Brandenburg Centre for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) invite applications for a Postdoc (m/f) in Interfacial interactions of polymer based biomaterials with biomacromolecules and cells with a focus on work in areas related physico- and biochemistry of proteins. This is initially a 2-years fixed term contract.
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
Job responsibilities include the following:
- responsibility to develop new research strategies for preparation and characterization of multifunctional biomaterials
- characterization of 2D materials based on synthetic and natural polymers by different physicochemical and biological methods including the instrumentation of a Langmuir laboratory
- fundamental research on proteins and their binding mechanism by thermodynamical analysis of protein interactions with cell surfaces in quantitative interaction studies with defined binding partners
- responsibility to guide the integration of optical or electrical methods on monolayer degradation techniques to describe the biodegradation kinetics of functional polymers
- effectively communication and interaction with scientists and engineers to define the requirements of biomaterial research
- dissemination of knowledge through publications in scientific journals and presentations at conferences, symposia and meetings
- work with management and senior staff to plan and design projects
- supervision of graduate and undergraduate students including offering lectures at the university
- active collaboration with universities and other academic or non-academic research institutions
What we expect:
- habilitation and postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing in physical chemistry, polymer chemistry or related fields such as biochemistry or molecular biology
- strong background in analytical chemistry or physics, isothermal titration calorimetry, surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, microbiology of bacteriophages, protein biochemistry, stability and folding
- demonstrated experience in performing material studies and collaboration with theoretical projects in computational material sciences
- ability to work independently and in teams to deliver high-quality results within aggressive timelines
- excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, and writing grant applications
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Burkhard Schulz: email@example.com
For details about the institute, please visit the website at
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (e. g. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer
code no. 2019/B 21
including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials (Habilitation, Ph.D.) including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees to
Attachments of your application preferentially should consist of one PDF file not exceeding 10 MB.
Closing date for applications is August 1st, 2019.
Research Group Leader / Young Investigator Group Leader (M / F / D), Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht - Centre for Materials and Coastal Research (HZG), Germany, 21 days ago
Research Group Leader / Young Investigator Group Leader (m/f/d) in Artificial Intelligence for Earth System Analytics and Modelling code no. 2019/KS 9 The place of employment is Geesthacht (German...
Immunology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 16 hours ago
Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany, Non-U.S. Position Description: Dendritic cells are versatile controllers of immunity with crucial roles in innate and adaptive immunity. In neonates...
Research Technician In Cell Engineering (F / M / D), Helmholtz Zentrum München - German Research Center for Environmental Health (HMGU), Germany, 27 days ago
Work group: Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging Area of research: Technical staff Starting date: 01.08.2019 Contract time limit: 31.07.2021 Job description: As German Research Center for E...
Researcher, Ghent University, Belgium, about 12 hours ago
Job description With the support of the IOF (Industrieel OnderzoeksFonds) we have a position available for a Lab Technican in the research group PBM (Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials) at Ghent U...
Technician In Multi Wavelength Spr (Bionavis) Methodologies, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Technician in multi-wavelength SPR (Bionavis) methodologies Technician in multi-wavelength SPR (Bionavis) methodologies Published Deadline Location 13 Aug 27 Aug Maastricht Please note: this is an...
Scientific Personnel In The Framework Of The Project Titled "Inspired: The National Research..., HELLENIC PASTEUR INSTITUTE, Greece, 30 days ago
On / Off Qualifications BSc in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or other relevant sciences Very good knowledge of the English language Additional Qualifications Technical experience in the isolati...