13.03.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Chair of Plant Breeding at the Technical University of Munich / TUM School of Life Sciences invites applications for the position of a Plant Scientist starting as soon as a suitable candidate is found. The full-time position is limited to two years with the possibility of extension up to six years.
Research in the TUM plant breeding group is devoted to the genetic improvement of crops with a focus on tolerance to abiotic stress in maize. You will join a multi-disciplinary research team working on discovering genes regulating quantitative traits in maize genetic resources. Unique biological resources, a large body of genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic data are available at the chair through several large collaborative projects.
• Molecular mechanisms underlying the response of maize to abiotic stress (cold/drought/lodging)
• Functional characterization of candidate genes using genetic, physiological and molecular methods such as gene expression analyses, mutant analyses, map-based cloning, gene-gene and protein-protein networks
• Analysis of genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic data
The successful applicant is expected to have:
• PhD in biology, genetics, bioinformatics, crop science or related fields
• Strong interest in wet-lab and in silico approaches
• Training in molecular biology, genomics, and/or genome editing techniques are desirable, but not required
• Ability to solve problems independently and to work in a team
• Teaching experience is desirable, but not required
• An interdisciplinary working environment in a team of molecular and quantitative geneticists
• Active exchange and collaboration with partners from academia and industry in a field of constant technical and methodological development
• Advanced education in genetics and plant breeding in courses and summer schools
• Employment contract with payment according to TV-L E13 for an initial two-year period with the possibility of extension up to six years
The Technical University of Munich is committed to increasing the proportion of women in research and education and thus explicitly invites qualified female scientists to apply for this position. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Applications with the usual supporting information (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, credentials, etc. in a single pdf file) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject matter: “Research Scientist Plant Genetics and Breeding 23.2”. Application will be open until the position is filled.
For more information please see: https://www1.ls.tum.de/plantbreeding
For questions related to the position and further background information please contact Dr. Ulrike Utans-Schneitz, Plant Breeding, TUM, email@example.com .
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D) Molecular Modeling, Leibniz, Germany, about 10 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of basic biomolecu...
Dean Of The School Of Engineering, NEW UZBEKISTAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
About the Department: School of Engineering is the first school that was launched at New Uzbekistan University in 2021. Currently, it has three departments: Chemical and Materials Engineering; Me...
Assistant/Associate/Visiting Professor In School Of Engineering, NEW UZBEKISTAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
About the Department: School of Engineering is the first school that was launched at New Uzbekistan University in 2021. Currently, it has three departments: Chemical and Materials Engineering; Mec...
Assistant/Associate/Visiting Professor In School Of Engineering, NEW UZBEKISTAN UNIVERSITY, Uzbekistan, 3 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NEW UZBEKISTAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Computer science Engineering Engineering Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R...
Managing Director For The Swiss Plant Breeding Center, ETH, Switzerland, 27 days ago
The SPBC team is looking as of now or by appointment for a Managing Director for the development and establishment of the Swiss Plant Breeding Center (m/f/d) Workload: 80 - 100%, Location: Switzer...
Internship In Fish Ecology/Fish Migration, ETH, Switzerland, 8 days ago
Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is an internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH Domain (Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology). Eaw...