IEK-12 - Helmholtz-Institut MÃ¼nster Ionenleiter fÃ¼r Energiespeicher
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
At the Helmholtz Institute MÃ¼nster Ionics in Energy Storage (IEK-12), we conduct research on current topics of the energy transition and focus on electrochemical energy conversion and storage, especially with regard to new battery concepts.We are located at the MÃ¼nster branch of Forschungszentrum JÃ¼lich and are run in close cooperation with WestfÃ¤lische Wilhelms-UniversitÃ¤t MÃ¼nster (WWU) and Rheinisch-WestfÃ¤lische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH).At IEK-12, we are addressing the central question of how better energy storage systems can store electrical energy over a long period of time in the smallest possible space. In doing so, we use our understanding of fundamental processes in the battery to further develop battery materials and optimally adapt them to specific requirement criteria. This is how we create the energy storage systems of the future.
Electrochemical storage devices for mobile and stationary applications will play an increasingly important role in the future. The main focus of research and development comprises the increase of power and energy density, charging capability as well as the service life of batteries. Promising approaches of current materials research include the development of polymer-based and hybrid electrolytes suitable for application in solid-state batteries. Your tasks in detail include:
- Processing of polymer electrolytes and optimization of cell designs
- Characterization of the samples including structural and electrochemical properties
- Supervision of staff (e.g. during lab work)
- Contributions to project reports, roadmaps and research proposals
Participation in the BMBF cluster of competence for solid state batteries (FestBatt), see also festbatt.net
- A university degree in science (Master) (with excellent results) in the area of (polymer) chemistry, physics or chemical engineering followed by a Ph.D. in a corresponding field
- Profound experience in processing or characterization of polymeric materials
- Basic knowledge of electrochemistry and organic synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English (C2 level, CEFR)
- Distinctive willingness for close cooperation with internal and external project partners
- Ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- An excellent environment to perform high-quality research at an international Level
- Possibility to participate in project meetings, as well as national and international conferences to present results and to develop further competences
- A lively scientific environment within HI MS and possibilities for cooperation with our partners at RWTH Aachen, Forschungszentrum JÃ¼lich, and WWU MÃ¼nster and within the BMBF cluster of competence for solid state batteries
- Opportunity to acquire cross-thematic knowledge as part of the scientific work in the BMBF Cluster of Competence for Solid State Batteries - from materials synthesis to characterization of full cells.
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours and 30 days of annual leave
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied task in an international and interdisciplinary working environment, which is limited until the end of the project duration on 31.10.2024. Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVÃ¶D).Place of employment: MÃ¼nsterForschungszentrum JÃ¼lich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
Postdoctoral Researcher On “Gas Phase El Ectrocatalysis For Methane V Aloriza Tion”, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
This postdoc project is part of a cross-border initiative between the Netherlands and Germany in the field of ElectroChemical Conversion and Materials (ECCM) and involves researchers from the Univ...
Postdoctoral Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 4 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de ) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and ident...
Ph D Research Fellow In Degradation Of Lithium Ion Batteries , University of Agder, Norway, about 23 hours ago
PhD Research Fellow in degradation of lithium-ion batteries Apply for this job See advertisement About the position A 100% position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Engineering ...
Postdoc In Electrochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
If you are ready to take the next step in your academic career and break new ground where materials science meets electrochemistry and sustainable energy technologies, DTU Energy invites you to su...
Research Assistant In Renewable Energy , University of Agder, Norway, about 23 hours ago
Research Assistant in renewable energy Apply for this job See advertisement About the position A temporary 90% position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Engineering and Science ...
Ph D Research Fellow In Electrochemistry For Lithium Ion Batteries , University of Agder, Norway, about 23 hours ago
PhD Research Fellow in electrochemistry for lithium-ion batteries Apply for this job See advertisement About the position A 100% position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Engine...