GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
Starting on 1st June 2023 our Department Survey Design & Methodology (SDM), Team Cross-cultural Survey Methods located in Mannheim, is looking for a
Research Associate (Postdoc) for International Survey Research
(Salary group 13 TV-L, working time in 100 %, initially limited to 4 years)
The department Survey Design & Methodology (SDM) is both nationally and internationally recognized for its expertise in survey methodology, gained over many years by conducting own research as well as consulting on and implementing renowned survey projects.
The European Social Survey (ESS) collects data on the attitudes and behavior of the population in over 30 European countries every two years in accordance with scientific quality standards.
This position is part of the in the third-party funded project European Social Survey (ESS ERIC) and supports the central coordination of the study in quality assurance and quality control.
Your tasks will be:
- Collaboration in the quality reporting and fieldwork monitoring of the ESS
- Management of ESS11 quality reporting (coordination of the analysis of quality indicators)
- Development of indicators and analyses for quality reporting in self-completion surveys
- Monitoring of fieldwork in countries participating in the ESS
- Carrying out internationally visible research on ESS data quality
- PhD in the social sciences or a related discipline, preferably with a focus on survey methods
- Expertise in analyses of data quality for international surveys, for self-completion surveys and/or for mixed-mode surveys, which is visible, e.g., through publications
- Proficiency in the statistical program R and experience in producing documents with R Markdown; knowledge of further statistical programs is desirable
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Delight in collaboration with an international team of experts
- Collaboration in one of the most exciting international survey projects in times of change
- Development of quality standards for future data collection
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of up to 60% mobile working within Germany
- Very good conditions for reconciling work and family life, e.g. subsidies for childcare for children who have not yet attained the age of compulsory schooling
- Holistic company health management and discounted participation in the university's sports programme
- Generous support for your pension provision as a direct insurance policy
- Promotion of your skills through further training measures
For further information concerning the tasks, please contact Dr. Angelika Scheuer via phone +49-621-1246-406 or via E-Mail . If you have questions about the application process, please contact Malina Hoffmann via E-Mail .
Pleaseapply via our Online-application portal until 29.03.2023.
Our reference number is: SDM-145.
The Atlas Of Italian Giallo. Media History And Popular Culture (1954 2020), Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy, 21 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli Studi di Torino Research Field Cultural studies Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage R...
Faculty Positions, School Of Film And Television Arts (All Ranks), XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 11 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts Position: Faculty Positions, School of Film and Television Arts (All Ranks) Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film...
Faculty Position, School Of Film And Television Arts (Open Ranks) , ;, China, 7 days ago
Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University – School of Film and Television Arts Position Information: Open Rank Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Me...
Professor, School Of Film And Television Arts, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 11 days ago
School: School of Film and Television Arts (Part of the Academy of Film and Creative Technology). Position: Professor Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV an...
Professor, Academy Of Film And Creative Technology, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 11 days ago
School: Academy of Film and Creative Technology Position: Professor Academic Discipline: Digital Media Arts, Film Production and Management, TV and Stream Media Production, Cultural and Creative ...
Assistant Professorship In Investments (W1), No Tenure Track (F/M/D), University of Cologne, Germany, 6 days ago
19 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Cologne Department Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Science Research Field Economics » Financial science Researcher Profil...