The German Rheumatism Research Centre Berlin (DRFZ) is unique in Germany with its focus on rheumatic diseases and is one of the leading international institutes in the fields of immunology, experimental rheumatology and rheumatism epidemiology. This is not only due to the extraordinary interdisciplinary cooperation of the experts researching at the DRFZ in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, sociology, and statistics. They investigate the causes, progression and treatment of immunological diseases.
One research focus of the DRFZ is the investigation of pathophysiological mechanisms of rheumatic inflammation. In this context, the contribution of cells of the immune system and the gut microbiota to the development and driving of rheumatic diseases is investigated. The DRFZ has many years of experience in high-throughput analysis and sorting of single cells as well as comprehensive expertise in the field of the measurement technology required for this and is one of the nationally and internationally leading institutes in the field of flow cytometry.
As part of a DFG-funded project, the Core Facility for Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting (FCCF), together with the Schwiete Laboratory for Microbiota and Inflammation, is developing new methods for characterizing and sorting cells using high-resolution scattered light signals in order to be able to record additional cellular parameters.
We are looking for support in the processing and analysis of temporal signal courses in the microsecond range as soon as possible. The tasks include the analysis of time-resolved measurement data and evaluation and development of various algorithms:
- Development of data analysis methods for high-dimensional measurement data
- Optimization of existing data analysis approaches, independent development of new approaches
- Cooperation in the publication of the project results
- Cooperation with project partners
- Presentation of project results at national and international conferences
- Completed university studies in mathematics, computer science, physics, biotechnology, or similar.
- Doctorate advantageous (not a prerequisite)
- Experience with Python, Matlab, R
- Ideally, a good overview of existing algorithms, especially in the areas of pattern recognition, dimensionality reduction, classification, neural networks/machine learning
- Ability to work independently with initiative in testing new approaches
- Communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Interest in interdisciplinary research, biomedical experience not required.
- A job in an interesting, innovative research project
- The possibility of flexible working hours
- Payment according to TöVD / 13, full-time (part-time possible)
- Independent work in an interdisciplinary team
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified. We also aim to increase the proportion of female applicants in areas where they are underrepresented, and therefore expressly encourage females to apply.
The work location is on the Charité campus in Berlin-Mitte.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, summary of your previous science and scientific interests, and a list of 2-3 references) by March 31, 2023, exclusively in electronic form to:
Technical Head of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Flow Cytometry & Cell Sorting (FCCF)
Research Technician To The Department Of Microbiology, Tumor And Cellbiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Flow cytometry is a central methodology within the life sciences. The Biomedicum flow cytometry core facility (BFC) is a shared resource ...
Postdoctoral Research Scientists (M/F/D) | Immunoregulation, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany, 4 days ago
Job Code: 2023_22 Job Offer from May 23, 2023 The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried (near Munich, Germany) is one of the leading international research institutions in the...
Scientist/Lab Technician – Laboratory Of Microglia And Inflammation In Neurological Diseases, VIB, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
Description The laboratory of Microglia and Inflammation in Neurological Diseases (MIND), headed by Renzo Mancuso, is a part of the VIB-Center for Molecular Neurology (CMN) and focuses on multiple...
Lab Technician Molecular And Cellular Immunology, VIB, Belgium, 1 day ago
Description VIB is an entrepreneurial and vibrant non-profit research institute in Flanders-Belgium with a clear focus on groundbreaking research in life sciences. About 1500 scientists and techno...
Human Neuro Glia Cell Based Model For Inter Neuronal Spread Of Tau Pathology In Alzheimer’s Disease, Institute of Neuroimmunology Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia, about 8 hours ago
29 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Neuroimmunology Slovak Academy of Sciences Research Field Neurosciences » Neurobiology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) ...
Master Thesis In Mucosal Immunology (M/F/D), CeMM GmbH - Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria, 13 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CeMM GmbH - Research Center for Molecular Medicine Research Field Medical sciences » Health sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1)...