as soon as possible | temporary until Dec 31, 2024 | part time with 70% | Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics | Campus Deutz
That awaits you
- collaboration in a BMBF project on the optimization of improved cookstove systems in Mali and in a DAAD project on renewable energies in Nepal
- identification and analysis of various improved cookstove systems in Mali, including ICS, briquettes, biogas and solar-electricity
- support for the installation of these cookstove energy systems
- creation and implementation of on-site training in Mali on commissioning and use
- conducting experiments for the optimization of these systems in Mali
- development of training sessions on the "Energy Economy Nexus" with the partner university in Nepal
- preparation of project reports and support of the project management in conducting various workshops (in both projects)
- publication of research results in peer-reviewed journal articles (in both projects)
- university degree (master's level) in engineering or natural sciences, preferably in renewable energy and resource management
- ideally professional experience in engineering / natural science
- knowledge in the field of cooking energy systems with renewable energies as well as resource management desirable
- solid knowledge of biogas (small plants) as well as methodology in the energy-economy nexus
- practical experience in the implementation of projects as well as in scientific publishing is advantageous
- ideally application knowledge of common software in the field of renewable energies (LEAP, HOMER, RETScreen)
- very good English and preferably good German language skills
- analytical thinking and independent working style
- cooperative and reliable behavior
- willingness for several 2-3 weeks research stays in Mali (2x per year) and Nepal (1x per year)
- remuneration according to EG 13 TV-L
- a self-organized doctorate with reference to the project is conceivable
- a wide range of further education and training opportunities for your professional and personal development
- financed research trips to Mali and Nepal
- family-friendly working conditions
- flexible working hours
- modern ways of coordination among colleagues, if necessary via video telephony
- possibility to participate in university sports and health promotion programs
- 30 days of vacation with a 5-day week
- regular pay increases
- annual special payment according to TV-L
- if required, a discounted job ticket for the local public transport system
- free parking directly at the building
- insights into interdisciplinary research contexts and the opportunity for scientific development
Equal employment opportunities are a key value of TH Köln, which seeks to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Women are therefore strongly encouraged to submit their application.
In cases of equal qualification, aptitude, and expertise of the applicants, female applicants as well as persons with disabilities or persons with equivalent status will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Application deadline: Jul 05, 2021
Postdoctoral Researcher (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 3 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry (IPB) is an international research institute located on the weinberg-campus of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle, Germany (www.ipb-ha...
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D) In The Field Of Chemical Sensory Science , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
07.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association ...
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 3 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz As...
Research Associates/Ph D Candidates (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 3 hours ago
As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research i...
Postdoctoral Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, 2 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories seeks a full-time position wich will be funded for a maximum period of five years, starting on 1 October 2021. The salary will be based on the Ge...
Postdoctoral Scientist – Bioinformatics & Machine Learning (M/F/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
07.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association...