18.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
For our team, we are looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant (f/m/d) for the European research project “Circular Design and Use of Wood Building Elements” with a focus on „Material flow analysis and LCA of wood products”
The wood research laboratory at the Technical University of Munich and the associated professorships support the innovative and sustainable use of wood-based materials and products through research, teaching and certification.
About the project
As part of a European research project, industry and research partners focus on the development of circular wood-based building products considering the use of industrial residues and recovered wood. The research group on material flow management at TUM will evaluate the developed products from environmental perspective and analyze potential future material flows to support the market implementation of the new products.
- Above-average university degree in the field of LCA, Sustainability, Wood Science, Environmental Engineering, Resource Management, or similar.
- A PhD in a related field is advantageous, but not a must
- Experience in advanced life cycle assessment (LCA) methods and the analysis of energy and material flows
- Knowledge of material flow analysis (MFA)
- Experience in project management is an advantage
- Experience in preparing scientific publications and reports is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work in an international team
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge in German is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (inter-)nationally
- Development and modelling of resource flows using material flow analysis to determine future wood volumes
- Environmental assessment of circular wood building products using advanced life cycle assessment methods such as dynamic, consequential and prospective LCA
- Scientific and administrative coordination of the project
- Preparation of scientific publications, reports and conference papers
- Supervision of students, support in teaching
- Employment from 01.05.2023, limited to 36 months
- Payment according to TV-L E13 (100 %)
- Depending on your qualification, there is the possibility for a doctorate or further qualification as PostDoc
- Place of work is München-Schwabing and/or Freising-Weihenstephan
- Working in an interdisciplinary and motivated team
- Severely disabled applicants are given preference if they are equally qualified.
- TUM aims to increase the proportion of women. Applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
Interested applicants should send their necessary documents in English to email@example.com using “Holzkreislauf” as subject until 10.02.2023. Further information is provided by Dr. Michael Risse: 089 2180 6384.
Technische Universität München T
UM School of Life Sciences
Lehrstuhl für Holzwissenschaft
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Weber-Blaschke
Technische Universität München
TUM School of Life Sciences
Lehrstuhl für Holzwissenschaft
Dr. Michael Risse Winzererstr. 45
80797 München www.hfm.tum.de
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Postdoc: Participatory Modelling Of Wood Construction Bioeconomy Scenarios , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 20 hours ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term In Switzerland and globally, the construction sector accounts for roughly 40% of carbon emissions. Timber engineering and construction concepts have immense potential to r...
Research Assistant Position At The Department Of Forest Genetics And Plant Physiology, Slu/ Upsc, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
The Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology was founded in the late 1970s - when the College of Forestry moved to Umeå. The number of employees has since grown steadily is now around 10...
Researcher – Wood Composites And Engineering, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 16 days ago
The Department of Forest Biomaterials and Technology (SBT) forms part of the Faculty of Forest Sciences, has about 50 employees and is located in both Umeå and Uppsala. The department carries out ...
Post Doctoral Researcher Within Modelling Of Kraft Delignification, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering is one of the largest departments at Chalmers. We represent a broad field of fundamental and applied research and education within chemistry and chemical enginee...
Postdoc To Study Bioconversion Of Lignocellulose To Food Protein And Bioactive Products, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
The department of Forest Biomaterials and Technology (SBT) forms part of the Faculty of Forest Sciences, has about 50 employees and is located in both Umeå and Uppsala. The department carries out ...
Doctoral Researcher In Forest Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry at the University of Helsinki invites applications for the position of a Doctoral Researcher to work at the Department of Forest Sciences. The research area...