18.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
For our team, we are looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant (f/m/d) for the European research project “Circular Design and Use of Wood Building Elements” with a focus on „Material flow analysis and LCA of wood products”
The wood research laboratory at the Technical University of Munich and the associated professorships support the innovative and sustainable use of wood-based materials and products through research, teaching and certification.
About the project
As part of a European research project, industry and research partners focus on the development of circular wood-based building products considering the use of industrial residues and recovered wood. The research group on material flow management at TUM will evaluate the developed products from environmental perspective and analyze potential future material flows to support the market implementation of the new products.
- Above-average university degree in the field of LCA, Sustainability, Wood Science, Environmental Engineering, Resource Management, or similar.
- A PhD in a related field is advantageous, but not a must
- Experience in advanced life cycle assessment (LCA) methods and the analysis of energy and material flows
- Knowledge of material flow analysis (MFA)
- Experience in project management is an advantage
- Experience in preparing scientific publications and reports is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work in an international team
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge in German is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (inter-)nationally
- Development and modelling of resource flows using material flow analysis to determine future wood volumes
- Environmental assessment of circular wood building products using advanced life cycle assessment methods such as dynamic, consequential and prospective LCA
- Scientific and administrative coordination of the project
- Preparation of scientific publications, reports and conference papers
- Supervision of students, support in teaching
- Employment from 01.05.2023, limited to 36 months
- Payment according to TV-L E13 (100 %)
- Depending on your qualification, there is the possibility for a doctorate or further qualification as PostDoc
- Place of work is München-Schwabing and/or Freising-Weihenstephan
- Working in an interdisciplinary and motivated team
- Severely disabled applicants are given preference if they are equally qualified.
- TUM aims to increase the proportion of women. Applications from women are therefore expressly welcomed.
Interested applicants should send their necessary documents in English to email@example.com using “Holzkreislauf” as subject until 10.02.2023. Further information is provided by Dr. Michael Risse: 089 2180 6384.
Technische Universität München T
UM School of Life Sciences
Lehrstuhl für Holzwissenschaft
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Weber-Blaschke
Technische Universität München
TUM School of Life Sciences
Lehrstuhl für Holzwissenschaft
Dr. Michael Risse Winzererstr. 45
80797 München www.hfm.tum.de
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Post Doc “Digiforest” 80 – 100% (F/M/D), Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL, Switzerland, 3 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL Research Field Agricultural sciences » Forest sciences Computer science » Other...
Post Doc “Digiforest” 80 – 100% (F/M/D), ETH, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
The Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL is part of the ETH Domain. Approximately 600 people work on the sustainable use and protection of the environment and on the...
Doctoral Researcher, Consequential Life Cycle Assessment In Wood And Food Sectors, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2 days ago
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry invites applications for the position of a DOCTORAL RESEARCHER starting on 1 September 2023, or as agreed. The Doctoral Researcher will be employed for a fi...
Post Doc In Forest Remote Sensing, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Forest Resource Management conducts research and teaching within the subject areas of Forest Remote Sensing, Forest Inventory and Sampling, Mathematical Statistics Applied to For...
Postdoctoral Position Fer (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable devel...
Doctoral Researcher, Consequential Life Cycle Assessment In Wood And Food Sectors, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, Finland, 21 days ago
6 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI Research Field Economics Engineering Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Establis...