The Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine is the largest Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Germany and is the National Reference Centre for Tropical Pathogens, a WHO Collaborating Centre and member of the Leibniz Research Association.
The Junior Research Group “Lassa Pathophysiology”, affiliated with the Clinical Research Department and Virology Department at the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine is looking for the next possible date to recruit a highly motivatedProject Manager (m/f/d)
- EG 13 TV-AVH (100 %) -
The successful candidate will implement and coordinate a newly funded project to support critically ill viral hemorrhagic fever patients at our partner hospital in Nigeria. Lassa fever is a viral hemorrhagic fever that is endemic to certain regions of West Africa. The project is funded through the Global Health Protection Programme (GHPP) via the German Ministry of Health. We aim to support our project partners with the setup of a unit for the advanced management of patients with emerging viral infections with a special regard to Lassa fever. A core task for the successful candidate will be the project management including planning and implementation, procurement, finance and reporting. Fifty percent of the work time will be dedicated to scientific evaluation of the results and scientific writing (preparation of manuscripts, guideline documents, SOPs, etc.). The activity requires short field visits to the site in Nigeria (2-4 weeks duration, approx. 2-4 times per year).
More information can be found here .
- Procurement and shipment of medical devices, materials and personal protective equipment
- Supporting the installation of an intensive-care unit for advanced management of viral hemorrhagic fever (VHF) patients at the partner hospital
- Organisation of trainings based on input from medical expert team and creation of training logs and reports
- Installation of a point-of-care laboratory to be used within the ward including creation of SOPs and trainings for its use
- Organisation of meetings, trainings, workshop and conferences regarding the project
- Regular field trips to supervise and coordiate the progress of the project
- Basic analysis of datasets including clinical and laboratory data. Visualiation of data and participation in writing of scientific manuscripts
- Reporting and accounting for the project. Liaision with funding agencies, ethics department etc.
- Successful completion of degree program in relevant field: Medicine, Nursing, Life Science, Public Health. Other degrees (e.g. medical biology, virology) will be considered if substantial motivation and preferably experience in field work and medical project management can be demonstrated
- Experience with project management, preferably in international projects. Including experience in procurement, international shipment of goods, finance/budget planning
- Experience with writing of project reports, standard operating protocols (SOPs) and guidelines
- Work experience in in sub-Saharan Africa countries is highly desireable
- Experience with medical care and intermediate / intensive care is of great advantage but not an absolute pre-requisite
- Cultural sensibility and motivation to work with a diverse team in Hamburg and Nigeria.
- Willingness for duty travel to Nigeria under strict security measures and close cohabitation with fellow team members at the site
- Excellent written and spoken (medical/academic) English. Command of German (B2 and above) is an advantage to support reporting activities with local funding agencies
- An interesting and demanding job in a modern research institute
- Integration in an open-minded and a highly motivated team
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Opportunities to realise independent research projects
- Opportunities for further scientific qualification
- A central location at the Landungsbrücken, which is easily accessible by public transport
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Subsidy for childcare
- Subsidy for the ProfiTicket as "Deutschlandticket" (Basic)
- Company pension scheme
- Special conditions in selected sports and fitness clubs in Hamburg
Starting date will be as soon as possible. The position is initially limited to 2 years and according to the rules of the public service under the TV-AVH (collective agreement of the “Arbeitsrechtliche Vereinigung Hamburg“).
We support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance and promote the professional equality of women and men. We strive to assist women in their scientific career, increase the number of women in research and reduce under-representation in all areas and positions in general. We explicitly welcome applications from people with disabilities.
As a member of the Diversity Charter , the largest diversity management network in Germany, we are also committed to making diversity an integral part of our institute culture. It is our goal to create a working environment that is free of prejudice.
Please apply by 13.09.2023 preferably via our online form with a motivation letter, CV, high school and university certificates and the names and contact information of two references.
Alternatively, you can submit your application referring to "Project Manager ICU" via postal mail to: Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Ms. Katja Bünger, HR Department, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 74, 20359 Hamburg, Germany.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or the selection procedure, please contact Ms. Katja Bünger (buenger(at)bnitm.de ) from the Human Resources Department.
For further questions please contact Dr Till Omansen (till.omansen(at)bnitm.de ).
Scientist (M/F/X) Tumor Biology / Preclinical Science, The Leibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Germany, 18 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company The Leibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Cou...
Ph.D. Position In Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany, 4 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Cell and Neurobiology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher...
Research Associate (Fulltime) In The Field Of Digitalization And Data Connectivity Of Production Systems , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 4 days ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of digitalization and data connectivity to join our team immediately. About...
Ph.D. Position (F/M/D), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 1 day ago
Ph.D. position (f/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2692 Facility: Faculty of Chemistry Contact person: UnivProf.Dr. Ricardo Andre Fernandes da Mata firstname.lastname@example.org 0551 3923149 Date of filling: As soon as poss...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Machine Vision And Visual Control Of Robots , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 4 days ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of machine vision and visual control of robots to join our team immediately...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Ai Based Robotics / Ai Based Robotic Control , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 4 days ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of AI-based robotics / AI-based robotic control to join our team immediatel...