The Incubator for Antibacterial Therapies in Europe (INCATE ) is a European partnership (www.nature.com/articles ) that brings together translational and basic research, industry, experienced entrepreneurs and investors from across Europe to translate and accelerate innovation in the fight against Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR).
As a founding member of INCATE, the Leibniz-HKI invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply as
Professional Networker, Communications, External Relations (f/div/m)
to join as part of the INCATE team. The position is limited to three years.
INCATE was founded in 2021 by leading research institutions, including the Swiss research network NCCR-AntiResist , the University of Basel , the German Center for Infection Research , the InfectControl consortium and the Leibniz-HKI , as well as large pharmaceutical companies (Roche, Shionogi, Boehringer Ingelheim Venture Fund, MSD Germany). INCATE aims to encourage researchers and teams to develop their technologies and products to a level that is attractive to investors or collaborations with Pharma and Biotech companies. We do this by providing advice, community and funding. The current focus is on therapies, but diagnostics, digital therapies and other modalities will be supported in the future.
The INCATE team consists of individuals associated with partner research institutions who are inspired to work on the challenge of invigorating the pipeline of antimicrobial therapies. The team takes collective responsibility for organization of tasks and responsibilities under the supervision of the INCATE board.
What you can expect to do
- Your aim is to ensure that INCATE is supported with messages and well-maintained communication channels that support the goals of INCATE across the audience of potential founders, supporters, partners and the relevant broader society.
- You manage communication channels, including the website , Twitter and LinkedIn handles (@INCATEurope), a newsletter, presentations and publications.
- You should work with the INCATE team to create messaging and material and help ensure it is consistent and designed to achieve impact for INCATE.
- You assist in the curation and hosting of events online and in-person and coordinate participation in or represent INCATE at conferences.
- Events may also include training to support specific weaknesses identified amongst the INCATE companies on topics such as creation and use of Target Product Profiles, IP strategies, identifying market needs, entrepreneurial motivation etc. This training would be provided by external experts and partners.
- Together with the INCATE team, you should maintain a database of the INCATE audience to enable prioritized communication.
- You hold a university degree in communications, journalism or related field and experience with scientific communication or have a scientific degree with experience of communications.
- You have experience in collaboratively creating messages and visual communication; experience in events and community building is a plus.
- You are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, content management systems, social media platforms, and other tools to streamline communication.
- The willingness to travel and a high degree of self-organization are essential.
- A goal-oriented communication style, strong initiative, determination, and the ability to work in a team are among your strengths.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as experience in international communication are a matter of course for you. Additional language skills are a plus.
- You have a personal interest in the evaluation of innovative concepts, especially in the field of antimicrobial technologies. In addition, you bring commitment and enthusiasm to contribute to a healthy society.
What we offer
- An innovation-oriented position with excellent future prospects, varied tasks in a dedicated team with a strong "can-do" mentality
- An inspiring environment within the Leibniz-HKI with excellent digital infrastructure and welcoming culture open for change
- A chance to contribute to the vision of INCATE and shape your own work and that of the broader INCATE team
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) as well as extensive qualification opportunities
- Leibniz-HKI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It aims to increase the proportion of underrepresented groups in case of equal suitability. All qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law will receive consideration for employment.
Dr. Sina Gerbach | +49 3641 532-1335 | email@example.com
Douglas Haggstrom | +4179 / 9542252 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, previous work, letters of recommendation, references) via the Leibniz-HKI application portal by March 31, 2023.
The Leibniz-HKI researches the pathobiology of microorganisms and investigates targets that are prerequisites for the development of new natural product-based active substances. It is located in the “Science City” of Jena at the Beutenberg Campus and is part of the Cluster of Excellence “Balance of the Microverse ”. INCATE Leibniz-HKI recruiting organization for this position as part of the INCATE partnership.
Research Associate (Doctoral Student) Information Retrieval, GESIS - Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Germany, 20 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company GESIS - Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften Department Cologne/Mannheim Research Field Sociology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1...
Group Leader In Advanced Electron Microscopy (M/F/D), Academic Europe, Sweden, 13 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Academic Europe Research Field Engineering » Materials engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Sweden Application Deadlin...
Professorship (F/M/D) Research Group Knowledge Based Digitalization In Materials Oriented Production, Academic Europe, Sweden, 12 days ago
17 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Academic Europe Research Field Engineering » Other Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Sweden Application Deadline 23 Jun 2023 -...
Junior Research Group Leader In Machine Learning (M/F/X) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
09.05.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Munich Center for Machine Learning (MCML) seeks applications for two Junior Research Group Leader positions in Machine Learning. One position will be ho...
Fachbereich Geschichts Und Kulturwissenschaften Ostasien Und Vorderer Orient Institut Für Chinastudien Research Assistant (Postdoc) (M/F/D) Full Time Job Limited To 2 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Erc Post Doc Kostka 2023 2 Bewerbungsende: 05.06.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 5 hours ago
The Postdoc will join the ERC-funded project “Governing with Data: Local Experimentation in Authoritarian China” led by Prof. Genia Kostka (Freie University Berlin). The position provides an oppor...
Fachbereich Geschichts Und Kulturwissenschaften Kunsthistorisches Institut Ostasiatische Kunstgeschichte Research Assistant (Postdoc) (M/F/D) Full Time Job Limited To 31.08.2028 Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Oakg 2023 Wi Mi1 Erc Bewerbungsende: 19.06.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 5 hours ago
The Institute of Art History at Freie Universität Berlin invites applications for a full-time post-doctoral position for the duration of five years within the research project “Art Academies in Ch...