19.09.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Bienert Lab is part of the TUM School of Life Sciences of the Technical University of Munich located in Freising-Weihenstephan. The main objective of the research group ‘Crop Physiology’ is to understand the physiology of plants down to the structure and function of genes and proteins. Thereby, relevant mechanisms are identified, which allow optimizing biotechnologically and agriculturally important quality and yield traits and allow the generation of crops, which are beneficial for the society in terms of foodsecurity (improved plant performance and stress tolerance) and foodsafety (generation of healthier food). We focus in particular on molecular metalloid- and water efficiency mechanisms in roots and flowers of oilseed rape, maize and Arabidopsis
• We recently identified promising uncharacterized candidate genes and regulatory cell biological pathways, which are awaiting to be molecularly and physiologically studied in terms of their contribution to boron-efficiency and to developmental root growth processes. A unique set of highly boron-efficient Arabidopsis and Brassica napus accessions is ready to be exploited. You will benefit from advanced preliminary work!
• You will characterize metalloid transport proteins.
• You will be involved in the training of students on the Bachelor and Master level.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• You have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, agricultural biology or any related field.
• You have a very strong background in cell biology, molecular plant nutrition and / or molecular plant physiology.
• You have an advanced wet-lab experience in molecular biology and in reverse genetic approaches.
• You are familiar with FAIR data handling and in silico data analysis.
• You work precisely and reliable.
YOU FIT TO US
• You are an outstanding & highly-motivated postdoctoral researcher with the ambition and commitment to achieve scientific excellence in a worldclass university with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
• You show a very strong team spirit and have the ability to work independently.
• You have a passion in unraveling biological mechanisms, solving scientific questions and a high degree of self-initiative and individual responsibility to succeed in your tasks.
• An excellent interdisciplinary research environment at the interface of cell biology and molecular physiology.
• A friendly and productive working atmosphere in a highly motivated team and in a newly established and equipped laboratory.
• A full-time position, for initially up to three years (extension possible), starting as soon as possible and preferentially in December 2023.
• A gross salary up to E13 TV-L. Salary will be determined in accordance with the German collective wage agreement in public services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Individuals with severe disabilities are given preference, if they have the same aptitude & qualifications. The TUM seeks to increase the proportion of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, therefore applications from women are explicitly encouraged.
Please send your interest and full application as a PDF to email@example.com or by snail mail to the address below latest until November 15, 2023. The application should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, a description of research experience and interests (max. 1 page) and contact details for 2 references.
If you have questions or require more information, please contact Prof. Bienert:
Technical University of Munich
Prof. Dr. Patrick Bienert
Alte Akademie 12, 85354 Freising, Germany
Tel. +49 8161 71 3961
The position is suitable for disabled persons. Disabled applicants will be given preference in case of generally equivalent suitability, aptitude and professional performance.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Postdoc Fellowship In Population/Conservation Genomics , University of Basel, Switzerland, 25 days ago
We offer you The initial appointment is for one year; based on performance, the fellowship is renewable for up to four years. The University of Basel has generous resources for genomic analysis (s...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (M/F/D) | Cell Growth Control In Health And Age Related Disease, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 21 days ago
Job Code: 23-2023 Job Offer from November 07, 2023 The Max Planck Research Group “Cell Growth Control in Health and Age-related Disease” headed by Dr. Constantinos Demetriades is looking for a ful...
Research Fellow (Biological Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 2 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application De...
Postdoc Position: Quantitative Biology Of Non Growing Bacteria, University of Basel, Switzerland, 3 days ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Basel Research Field Biological sciences » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Switzerland Application Deadli...
Postdoc Position: Quantitative Biology Of Non Growing Bacteria , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
Postdoc position: quantitative biology of non-growing bacteria 100% How does life emerge from molecules and cells? This is the central question that motivates us. With curiosity and passion, we in...
Postdoctoral Position To Characterize How Fibroblasts Interact With Complex Extracellular Matrices , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 8 hours ago
100%, Basel, fixed-term The Biophysics Group of Prof. Daniel Müller is part of the strongly interdisciplinary Department Biosystems Science and Engineering. The aim of the department is to explore...