19.09.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Bienert Lab is part of the TUM School of Life Sciences of the Technical University of Munich located in Freising-Weihenstephan. The main objective of the research group ‘Crop Physiology’ is to understand the physiology of plants down to the structure and function of genes and proteins. Thereby, relevant mechanisms are identified, which allow optimizing biotechnologically and agriculturally important quality and yield traits and allow the generation of crops, which are beneficial for the society in terms of foodsecurity (improved plant performance and stress tolerance) and foodsafety (generation of healthier food). We focus in particular on molecular metalloid- and water efficiency mechanisms in roots and flowers of oilseed rape, maize and Arabidopsis
• We recently identified promising uncharacterized candidate genes and regulatory cell biological pathways, which are awaiting to be molecularly and physiologically studied in terms of their contribution to boron-efficiency and to developmental root growth processes. A unique set of highly boron-efficient Arabidopsis and Brassica napus accessions is ready to be exploited. You will benefit from advanced preliminary work!
• You will characterize metalloid transport proteins.
• You will be involved in the training of students on the Bachelor and Master level.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• You have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, agricultural biology or any related field.
• You have a very strong background in cell biology, molecular plant nutrition and / or molecular plant physiology.
• You have an advanced wet-lab experience in molecular biology and in reverse genetic approaches.
• You are familiar with FAIR data handling and in silico data analysis.
• You work precisely and reliable.
YOU FIT TO US
• You are an outstanding & highly-motivated postdoctoral researcher with the ambition and commitment to achieve scientific excellence in a worldclass university with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
• You show a very strong team spirit and have the ability to work independently.
• You have a passion in unraveling biological mechanisms, solving scientific questions and a high degree of self-initiative and individual responsibility to succeed in your tasks.
• An excellent interdisciplinary research environment at the interface of cell biology and molecular physiology.
• A friendly and productive working atmosphere in a highly motivated team and in a newly established and equipped laboratory.
• A full-time position, for initially up to three years (extension possible), starting as soon as possible and preferentially in December 2023.
• A gross salary up to E13 TV-L. Salary will be determined in accordance with the German collective wage agreement in public services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Individuals with severe disabilities are given preference, if they have the same aptitude & qualifications. The TUM seeks to increase the proportion of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, therefore applications from women are explicitly encouraged.
Please send your interest and full application as a PDF to [email protected] or by snail mail to the address below latest until November 15, 2023. The application should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, a description of research experience and interests (max. 1 page) and contact details for 2 references.
If you have questions or require more information, please contact Prof. Bienert:
Technical University of Munich
Prof. Dr. Patrick Bienert
Alte Akademie 12, 85354 Freising, Germany
Tel. +49 8161 71 3961
The position is suitable for disabled persons. Disabled applicants will be given preference in case of generally equivalent suitability, aptitude and professional performance.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: [email protected]
Postdoc In Evolutionary Hologenomics At Globe Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 days ago
We are looking for a creative and curious researcher for a 2 year post doc position in Evolutionary Hologenomics with a flexible start date around 1.11.2024 You will get to explore the evolution o...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Skin, Alternative Splicing, And Single Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Description of the research group Kasper Lab. With our research – rooted within the fields of skin and stem cell biology – we aim to answ...
Postdoc In Dopaminergic Neurons And Parkinson’s Disease, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Professor Ernest Arenas: http://ernestarenaslab.org/ . The labora...
Two Postdoctoral Fellow Positions Opened In Functional Genomics Of Rare Kid, Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology (IGBMC), France, 13 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cell Biology (IGBMC) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Count...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Chromatin Biology Of Immune Cells (Time Limited Employment), Karolinska Institutet (KI), Sweden, 11 days ago
15 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Karolinska Institutet (KI) Research Field Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Sweden Application Deadline 12 Mar...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Chromatin Biology Of Immune Cells (Time Limited Employment), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to improving human health? We are looking for an ambitious postdoctoral candidate that will work on advancing our understanding of how the oncoprotein MYC controls lympho...