You will work in an interdisciplinary project team on quantum enhanced machine learning methods. This includes:
- the extension, development and analysis of new quantum machine learning algorithms for current and near-future quantum computers
- investigating the applicability of quantum machine learning techniques to real-world problems from application partners
- implementation and testing of algorithmic concepts with real data using QML software libraries such as Pennylane
- evaluating recent technological and algorithmic developments for current quantum computers and those available in the near future
- leading contributions to technical reports, scientific articles and policy papers
- the co-supervision of theses
- PhD in physics, computer science, mathematics or comparable fields
- Research experience in the area of quantum algorithms (ideally quantum machine learning)
- Proven organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in interdisciplinary teams
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Ideally good German language skills, both written and spoken
- Ideally experience in software development
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Here, you can note any specifics that apply to the vacancy
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development
- Extensive company health management
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is initially for a fixed term of 2 years, with possible long-term prospects. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Postdoc Position In Modelling And Characterization Of Quantum Computers, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Our ambitious goal at Chalmers is to build a quantum computer with 100 superconducting qubits and to apply it to real computational problems that cannot be efficiently solved on a conventional com...
Postdoc In Optical Fibre Sensing Using Machine Learning – Dtu Electro, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Applications are invited for a 2-year postdoc position funded by the HORIZON-RIA Software enabled Fiber Optic Multisensing Network (SoFiN) project. The main goal of the project is to realize sensi...
Postdoctoral Fellows In Quantum Computing , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
The Centre for Quantum Mathematics (QM) at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science , University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applications for a number of postdoctoral fellow posi...
Postdoctoral Positions – Quantum Computing Algorithms For Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 10 days ago
Postdoctoral positions – Quantum Computing Algorithms for Chemistry The Department of Chemistry at University of Copenhagen has an opening for a postdoctoral fellow in Quantum Computing and its ap...
Research Assistant Deep Reinforcement Learning For And With Quantum Computing, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany, 10 days ago
In our group »Self-Learning Systems« at Fraunhofer IIS we combine expertise in various advanced machine learning topics. One of our research goals is to provide robust and safe algorithmic solutio...
Postdoc On The Subject Of Characterisation And Benchmarking Of Quantum Computers, CWI, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) has a vacancy in the QuSoft research group for a talented Postdoc (3 years), on the subject of characterisation and benchmarking of quantum computers. Job desc...