You will work in an interdisciplinary project team on application focused quantum algorithms. This includes:
- the extension, development and analysis of new quantum algorithms for near-term and fault tolerant quantum computers
- investigating potential quantum advantage of such algorithms in real-world scenarios
- developing optimal compilation methods and tailored quantum algorithms for noisy quantum computer
- leading contributions to technical reports and scientific articles
- the supervision of PhD and master students
- Masters with PhD in physics, computer science, mathematics or comparable fields
- Proven research experience in the area of quantum algorithms or quantum information theory
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in interdisciplinary teams
- Good written and spoken English language skills
- Ideally good German language skills, both written and spoken
- Ideally experience in software development
We work on highly topical socially relevant issues and offer you the opportunity to actively shape change! We support you in your work with:
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Comprehensive training offers and individual opportunities for personal and professional development
- Comprehensive company health management
- Optimal conditions for work-life balance and a family-conscious corporate policy
- Flexible working time models, the option of full-time part-time work and 30 vacation days per year
- The possibility of (location-) flexible working, e.g. 2-3 days per week in a home office
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
- Exploration and preparation of next career opportunities, supported by our Career Center & Postdoc Office: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/career-center-postdoc-office
In addition to exciting tasks and a collaborative working atmosphere at Jülich, we have a lot more to offer: https://go.fzj.de/benefits
We offer you an exciting and varied position in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective. Remuneration and social benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund); depending on the existing qualifications and depending on the assignment of tasks, a grouping in the range of the remuneration group 13-14 TVöD-Bund.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Postdoc Position (F/M/X), Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department, Austria, 13 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department Research Field Physics » Quantum mechanics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2...
Doctoral Researcher In Quantum Computing, AALTO UNIVERSITY, Finland, 6 days ago
21 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company AALTO UNIVERSITY Research Field Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Finland Application Deadl...
Postdoctoral Researcher Positions In Quantum Technologies Under The Finnish Quantum Flagship Programme At University Of Jyväskylä, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, 14 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Jyväskylä Research Field Physics » Optics Physics » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Finland Application D...
Postdoc Lattice Field Theory, Helmholtz, Germany, about 4 hours ago
Your Job: You will be designing, developing and implementing simulation software, publishing and presenting the results, while collaborating within the scientists at JSC, Bonn University, and with...
Postdoc In Experimental Quantum Optics – Dtu Electro, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 20 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdoc in Experimental Quantum Optics – DTU Electro Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description If you are establishing your c...
Iqoqi Prize Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024 In Quantum Science (F/M/X), Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department, Austria, 21 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Austrian Academy of Sciences, The Human Resource Department Research Field Physics » Quantum mechanics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2)...