The Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories seeks a full-time position wich will be funded for a maximum period of five years, starting on 1 October 2021. The salary will be based on the German public sector pay scale TV-L.
Postdoctoral researcher (f/m/d)
in the department “Educational Decisions and Processes, Migration, Returns to Education”
The Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi) is an independent infrastructure facility conducting empirical educational research and associated with the University of Bamberg. LIfBi is responsible for operating the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS). The main task of this long-term project is the provision of representative data on competence development and educational trajectories in Germany.
Your work environment:
You are working in a team of about 200 employees with academic and non-academic work focus at our location in Bamberg. Your position is directly attached to the head of the department “Educational Decisions and Processes, Migration, Returns to Education”. The department is responsible for central infrastructural tasks related to the NEPS and deals in research with education-related issues primarily from the perspective of sociology and economics.
- Independent research in at least one of the fields the department is working on (https://www.lifbi.de/Institute/Organization/Department-Educational-Decisions-and-Processes-Migration-Returns-to-Education )
- Presentation and publication of research findings at national and international conferences, in scientific journals and publication series
- Joint conception and application for third-party funded research projects
- If interested: participation in joint research in context of third-party funded projects of the department (e.g. DFG)
- Developing joint publication projects with staff members of the department
- Support and advice for PhD students
- Further academic qualification is desired and supported by us
- An above-average doctorate degree in a relevant field (e.g., sociology, economics, or educational research) or close to completion
- Excellent knowledge and in-depth experience in quantitative empirical social research, experiences in analyzing longitudinal data are desirable
- Very good knowledge and experience with data analysis software, preferably with Stata or R
- Experience in publishing in relevant national and international journals (peer reviewed)
- Interest in longitudinal issues in empirical educational research
- Very good command of written and spoken English skills
- Commitment, initiative, communication and cooperation skills, the ability to work solution-oriented and independently
- An attractive academic environment with close links to the University of Bamberg
- Participation in shaping research in a young Leibniz Institute connected to the largest longitudinal study in Germany
- Flexible working hours, mobile working and collectively agreed remuneration according to TV-L with a company pension plan at VBLU
- Excellent opportunities for further training organized by LIfBI, the University of Bamberg (Trimberg Research Academy and Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences) and the Leibniz Association
- An attractive workplace in one of the most beautiful regions of Germany with excellent interregional transport connections
The LIfBi attaches great importance to equal opportunities for women and men. Where candidates are otherwise equally qualified, preference will be given to candidates with disabilities.
Interviews are expected to take place on 03/08/2021 in the afternoon.
For questions on the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Corinna Kleinert (+49 951 863-3571, corinna.kleinert(at)lifbi.de ).
Please use our online form to send your application with informative and complete documents no later than 27.7.2021 with the subject "Postdoc Abteilung 2 500" (https://jobs.lifbi.de/eng ).
All submitted data on your person will be deleted six months after completion of the application process at the latest.
Further information on the LIfBi is available at www.lifbi.de .
Announcement For Research Fellow B L Art/06, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy, 25 days ago
analysis of production, distribution, circulation of TV and audiovisual products in the national and international context according to the Production studies approach. The researcher will be requ...
Research Associate/Ph D Student, TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN), Europe, 2 days ago
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Institute of Natural Materials Technology, the Chair of Bioprocess Engineering offers a position in the field of Enzyme Engineering an...
Research Associate, TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN), Europe, about 2 hours ago
At TU Dresden, International Institute Zittau (IHI), a Central Academic Unit, the Chair of Ecosystem Services offers a position as Research Associate (subject to personal qualification employees a...
12 Fully Funded Ph.D. Positions, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 19 days ago
Job Code: Job Offer from September 02, 2021 The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses i...
Postdoctorate Research Assistant (F/M/D) In Meteorology, University of Cologne, Germany, 3 days ago
Postdoctorate Research Assistant (f/m/d) in Meteorology Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany...
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D) In The Field Of Chemical Sensory Science , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 9 hours ago
23.09.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association ...