The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
To strengthen its research capacity in the newly established FutureLab “CERES: Political Economy for Inclusive Wealth Governance and Sustainability”, PIK is offering a
Postdoctoral position on “Economics” (m/f/d).
(Position number: 09-2023 PostDoc Economics)
Related to the fields welfare economics, political economy or institutional economics, starting on 01.07.2023.
The position is funded for3 years with a possibility of an extension, conditional on available funding. Remuneration is in accordance with the German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg), salary group E 13. This is a full-time position with a weekly working time of 40 hours per week.
- develop analytical and quantitative models for policy-relevant solutions on managing the global commons, in particular in developing countries,
- conduct research on questions of inclusive and comprehensive wealth measures (physical, human, natural capital) and/or institutional and political aspects (state capacity),
- publish in leading economics and interdisciplinary journals,
- develop a research agenda in close cooperation with partners of the research project.
- PhD in economics, with background in environmental economics, welfare economics, political economy or institutional economics,
- excellent analytical and mathematical skills,
- experience with mathematical and data processing software (e.g. R, Stata, Matlab) is an asset.
- high motivation to work on policy-relevant research topics related to managing the global commons,
- high interest in teamwork and collaborative research,
- the ability to work independently and on your own initiative,
- a high level of competence in oral and written English.
- an inspiring, international and interdisciplinary work environment in a world leading research institute on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin,
- close cooperation and guest status with the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC), Berlin,
- working in a dedicated and motivated team with very supportive colleagues and a well-established international research network,
- meaningful involvement in a research project of immediate policy relevance,
- access to high-performance cluster computers,
- flexi-time and mobile working (up to 40% of your hours),
- a collective pay scheme and associated benefits as well as a subsidized travel card.
The successful candidate will be involved in the CERES research project (https://www.pik-potsdam.de/en/institute/futurelabs/ceres/ceres ), particularly with Prof. Dr. Matthias Kalkuhl (MCC Berlin and University of Potsdam), and Prof. Dr. Ottmar Edenhofer (MCC, PIK and TU Berlin).
PIK values equality and diversity. We encourage applications without photo. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, care responsibilities, or age. PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. PIK also encourages applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Please apply by 13.04.2023 directly using our application form .
If you hold an international higher education qualification, please also submit the Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) with your application. In the case that you do not yet have a ZAB Statement of Comparability for your qualification, please be aware that you will need to request this if your application is successful. You can find further information on this website: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education.html
For further information or to discuss the position please contact Ms.Janine Platz via Janine.Platz(at)pik-potsdam.de .
Postdoc For Electrochemical Gas Cleaning Group – Dtu Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
We are looking for 1-2 skilled postdoc(s) for our electrochemical gas cleaning group. CO2 capture and Power-to-X will play important roles in the green energy transition. As postdoc at DTU Chemica...
Full Time Teaching & Research Assistant Position In Economics (M/F) (Ph D Track) /167 02, Université de Namur, Belgium, 5 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Université de Namur Department Economics Department Research Field Economics » Administrative sciences Economics » Agricultural economics Economics ...
Postdoc In Modeling Of Behavior Of Oil Droplets In The Ocean Depending On The Oil Chemistry Dtu Offshore, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 21 days ago
A 16 months postdoctoral position in advanced modeling of the behavior of oil droplets in the ocean: their spreading, splitting, deepening, coagulation, and other phenomena depending on the oil ch...
Two Postdoc Positions For T Hz At Pitz, Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, Germany, 9 days ago
Work group: Z_PITZ Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts Starting date: 26.05.2023 Job description: DESY-Zeuthen The Photo-Injector Test facility at DESY in Zeuthen (PITZ, near Berlin)...
Two Pre Doctoral Researchers (F/M/D), Academic Europe, Sweden, 28 days ago
9 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Academic Europe Research Field Economics » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Application Deadline 28 May 2023 - 12...
Research Associate / Academic Assistant (All Genders Welcome) – Ph D Candidate Department Of Agriculture And Rural Development, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 23 hours ago
Research Associate / Academic Assistant (all genders welcome) – PhD-candidate - Stellen-ID: 2536 Facility: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Contact person: Jun.-Prof. Dr. Antje ...