The department of Hematology and Medical Oncology seeks:
- Specialization: strong background in colorectal cancer, preclinical research and nanomedicine
- Limitation: limited to three years with a possibility of extension
- Working period: full time (38,5 h/week)
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 11.08.2022
- Vacancy from 01.09.2022
- Application deadline: 31.08.2022
With the Comprehensive Cancer Center of Excellence of Lower Saxony one of the three priority research areas of the UMG is Oncology with the aim to translate basic research into clinical application. The interdisciplinary research group Translational Molecular Imaging (Prof. Dr. Frauke Alves) together with the AG Tumor cell metabolism and epigenetic regulation in the development of new therapeutic approaches for colorectal and pancreatic cancer (PD Dr. Dr. Lena Conradi) invites applications for a position as Postdoctoral Fellow (f/m/d).
- preclinical evaluation of novel nanoparticle based therapies
- the project will include the preclinical evaluation of toxicity, cellular uptake and biodistribution of nanoparticles in cell based assays as well as in patient derived tumor xenograft mouse models by non-invasive optical imaging
- therapy efficacy studies will be performed and tissues will be analysed by standard histological and fluorescence microscopy
- the applicant should furthermore enjoy cross-disciplinary work in chemistry, physics, biology and medicine
- a good command of English is a requirement
- candidates should hold a PhD or equivalent degree in fields related to the above described projects
- experience in cell based assays and tumor mouse models as well as in imaging strategies in the cancer field, including non-invasive optical imaging and fluorescence microscopy would also be of advantage
- a genuine interest or expertise in image processing will be essential
- successful candidates will have a keen interest and strong background in colorectal cancer or other solid tumors and nanomedicine
- a friendly, supportive and skilled team
- opportunities of presenting your science on international meetings
- salary according to the collective agreement for the public State service (TV-L) including social benefits
- interesting job with opportunities for internal/external training
- additional support available include: childcare, kindergarden and jobtickets
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 31.08.2022:
University Medical Center Göttingen
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology
Frauke Alves und Lena Conradi
Heads of the scientific working groups
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Post Doc Position (F/M/D) “Statistical Foundations Of Data Science”, Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany, 22 days ago
The Institute for Mathematical Stochastics (Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science) of the Georg-August-University of Göttingen invites applications for a PostDoc Position (f/m/d) “Statistica...
Postdoc Position To Study Targeted Protein Degradation As A Novel Strategy In Cancer Immunotherapy, Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam), Netherlands, 10 days ago
The group of Dr. Christopher Schliehe in the Department of Immunology at the Erasmus University Medical Center is inviting applicants for a postdoc position. Dr. Schliehe´s team has a focus on an...
Research Assistant (F/M/D), University of Goettingen, Germany, 9 days ago
The Department of Conservation Biology at the Georg-August University of Göttingen is looking to fill the position of Research assistant (all genders welcome) starting on 01.01.2023 or as soon as ...
Postdoctoral Position In Bio Informatics, VIB, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
Postdoctoral position in Bio-Informatics to unravel the transcriptional dynamics of lymph node metastase The MetaNiche team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled computational scientist/ b...
Research Assistant In Comprehensive Cancer Centre, KINGS COLLEGE LONDON, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job description This is a research support post within the Comprehensive Cancer Centre and the Molecular Immunology Group at the Centre for Inflammation Biology and Cancer Immunology (CIBCI) at th...
Postdoc (F/M/D) In Nano Optics And Photonics Humboldt Centre For Nano And Biophotonics, University of Cologne, Germany, 18 days ago
Postdoc (f/m/d) in nano-optics and photonics Humboldt Centre for Nano- and Biophotonics The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offerin...