Postdoc / Research Associate - Development of thin films for solid-state batteries using ALD/CVD/PVD
We are looking for a postdoc interested in the development of thin film batteries and/or related in-operando characterizations. You will work in a diverse team targeting societally relevant applications to develop and explore high energy density solid state batteries. Your tasks in detail:
- Synthesis thin film solid state batteries using ALD, CVD or PVD
- Surface modification for high performance solid state batteries using thin film techniques.
- High level of experimental skills and analytical mindset in interpreting measured data
- Manuscript writing and regular presentations within the research group.
- Presentations at scientific meetings and conferences
- Over time, you may work with and supervise students at various levels of training
- If appropriate, you will also draft and write research proposals at an advanced stage
- Completed Master`s degree (or equivalent) and PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science, process engineering or related fields
- Previous experience with thin film technologies such as ALD, PVD or CVD
- Knowledge of electrochemistry, chemical reaction engineering, and synthesis and characterization of materials and components
- Strong hands-on experience in thin film energy materials fabrication and characterization
- Willingness to perform versatile experimental work - good scientific writing skills
- High motivation for innovation
- Independent and responsible approach to work
- High level of team spirit and enjoy cooperative teamwork
- Fluent language skills in English and preferably also in German
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- A world-leading, interdisciplinary, and international research environment with state-of-the-art experimental equipment and diverse opportunities to be a curious researcher
- Extensive training opportunities and individual opportunities for personal and professional development
- Very good conditions for work-life balance and a family-friendly company policy
- Flexible working hours in a full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- 30 days of annual leave and provision for days off between public holidays and weekends (e.g. between Christmas and New Year)
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
- Exploration and preparation of next career opportunities, supported by our Career Center & Postdoc Office ( https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/career-center-postdoc-office )
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. Limited until 30.11.2025. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor In Digital Media Arts, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Music & Media Location: Guildford Salary: £53,354 to £75,971 gross per annum Permanent position + benefits Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Friday 31 March 2023 Reference: 000...
Doctoral Student In Physics: Time Resolved Apxps For The Investigation Of Atomic Layer Deposition (Msca Cofund Project Prismas) (Pa2023/557) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
PRISMAS - PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden – is a new doctoral network training the next generation of 40 leading synchrotron experts, and is co-funded...
Doctoral Student In Physics, Metal/Semiconductor (Msca Cofund Proj Prismas), Karlstad University, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Desciption of Prismas PRISMAS - PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden – is a new doctoral network training the next generation of 40 leading synchrotron exp...
Two Student Assistant Positions At Nordics.Info, School Of Culture And Society, Aarhus University, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
Nordics.info is recruiting two Student Assistants (‘studentermedhjælpere’) to assist with the running of this exciting research dissemination website on the Nordic region, and specifically in rela...
Lecturer Editing, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 16 hours ago
Teach the next generation of Aotearoa's film, television and wider screen industry professionals Hybrid working from home and onsite at our Mount Albert campus Permanent fulltime position Kia hiwa...
Research Associate In Experimental Cosmology, Cardiff University, Andorra, about 21 hours ago
Vacancy Number: 16218BR Research Associate in Experimental Cosmology School of Physics and Astronomy Cardiff University The Astronomy Instrumentation Group (AIG) at Cardiff University is seeking a...