The Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) researches the historical, economic, and political development of Eastern as well as Southeastern Europe. Since 2017, the IOS has been a member of the renowned Leibniz Association and as such is funded by the Free State of Bavaria and the German government.
In the framework of a new research network focusing on the dynamics of conflict and cooperation in Eastern Europe (KonKoop), the IOS is looking for a
starting from July 1, 2022.
Full-time Postdoc-position (pay-scale TV-L up to E 13) working in the field of peace and conflict studies and academic coordinator of KonKoop’s young scholars network.
Remuneration is based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) up to E 13 (full-time). The position is limited until March 31, 2026.
The position is part of the research network "Cooperation and Conflict in Eastern Europe: The Consequences of the Reconfiguration of Political, Economic and Social Spaces since the End of the Cold War" (KonKoop) funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Members of the network are the Center for Eastern European and International Studies (ZOiS) in Berlin, the Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) in Regensburg, the Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography (IfL) in Leipzig, the Leibniz Center for Contemporary History Research (ZZF) in Potsdam, the Friedrich Schiller University Jena (FSU Jena), and the University for Sustainable Development Eberswalde (HNEE).
For further information:
- Conducting independent research in the field of peace and conflict studies with a focus on Eastern Europe
- Working with qualitative and quantitative research methods or willingness to learn and apply them
- Establishment and coordination of KonKoop’s young scholars network
- Developing an overview of conflict research in Eastern Europe, including a database and research map
- Academic publishing
- Participating in knowledge transfer and science communication of KonKoop
- Coordinating in-coming visiting Fellows from academia and practice
We expect from you:
- A completed PhD in political science or in a related discipline
- Very good knowledge of the English language and willingness to acquire German language skills for everyday work
- Good knowledge of an Eastern European language, especially Russian or Ukrainian is desirable
- Experience in the implementation of externally funded projects and first experience in the supervision of young scholars
- Open-mindedness for organizational tasks and interest in interdisciplinary cooperation
- Flexibility, willingness to communicate, reliability, ability to work under pressure, and ability to work in a team
We offer you:
- The possibility of project-related independent research and our support in further professional and scientific qualification (for example in the form of a habilitation)
- Support in learning German
- Independent and diverse work in a dynamic environment in which innovation, transparency and internationality are indispensable
- The possibility of international networking in academia and practice as well as attending further education and training courses
- Public service pension scheme (VBL)
- Equal opportunities and work-life balance
- A workplace close to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Regensburg's old town
Applications should be submitted electronically via the IOS application portal at https://www.ios-regensburg.de/freie-stellen.html . Applications submitted by email and or by postal service cannot be considered.
Application materials shall include:
- Cover letter (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form), including list of publications and delivered presentations
- Copies of degrees and certificates
- Research Outline of an independent research project (max. 5 pages)
- Outline of ideas for the establishment and implementation of KonKoop’s young scholars’ network (max. 2 pages)
- Contacts of two academic references
- Two exemplary scientific publications (published or unpublished)
Application deadline is 31 May 2022.
The interview is expected to take place on 9 June 2022.
For further information on the vacancy, please contact the head of the Political Science Research Group, Dr. Cindy Wittke (wittke(at)ios-regensburg.de ), and the scientific director of the IOS, Prof. Ulf Brunnbauer (brunnbauer(at)ios-regensburg ).
IOS Regensburg is an equal opportunity employer.
The IOS strives for a balanced gender ratio in all employee groups. We encourage women and therefore expressly encourage them to apply. We also encourage people with non-German citizenship and a migration background to apply. The institute is also committed to improving the compatibility of family and work.
Please note: The personal data you submit will be deleted no later than six months after completion of the selection process.
Postdoctoral Researcher In The Field Of Arms Control, Disarmament And Nonproliferation (Cbw), Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF), Germany, 24 days ago
The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) is a foundation under public law. With over 80 employees, PRIF is currently the largest peace and conflict research institute in Germany. The Research...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Advanced Signal/Image Analytics In Clinical Optoacoustics (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
20.06.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Biological Imaging (CBI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI) at Helmholtz Mu...
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Tuebingen, Germany, 12 days ago
The Department of Geosciences of the University Tübingen is internationally known for its research in the environmental sciences. In this context, the Division of Geo-Biosphere Interactions at the...
Post Doctoral Fellow (F/M/D) In Oncology Research / Preclinical Imaging / Molecular Biology /..., Eberhard Karls University Tübingen, Germany, 30 days ago
The Department of Preclinical Imaging and Radiopharmacy of the University Hospital Tübingen, an internationally renowned group at the forefront of preclinical imaging research, is offering a posit...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Cardio Metabolic Imaging (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
13.06.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Chair of Biological Imaging (CBI) at the the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany and the Institute of Biological and Medical Imaging (IBMI) at Hel...
Postdoctoral Researcher (M/F/D) In Microbiome Research , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
22.06.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal About us: The Schirmer lab is part of the ZIEL - Institute for Food & Health at the Technical University of Munich and located in Freising-Weihenstephan. Th...