The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Cabreiro lab (www.cabreirolab.org ) aims at understanding how microbes alter specific metabolic and signaling pathways in host cells to maintain systemic homeostasis and suppress aging. Our research interests span several fields including organismal and cell biology, metabolism, microbiology, pharmacology and systems biology.
We seek a highly motivated Postdoc (f/m/d), who will investigate microbiome-related mechanisms in regulating drug effects on host immunity, metabolism and aging.
- Use the power of the mouse model (including germ-free) to causally link the role of microbes in drug efficacy during aging
- Use molecular biology, biochemistry and imaging techniques
- Perform metabolic, proteomic and transcriptomic studies of host and/or microbiome samples
- Metabolic phenotyping of mammalian animal models with a special focus in immunity and aging
- To accurately record and judiciously analyze and present data
- Drive your own research project under direct supervision of the PI
- A PhD in animal physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent is essential
- Experience in mouse/rat models is essential. The candidate needs to hold an animal license and have experience in writing animal protocols
- Experience in animal tissue handling or organoid or cell culture is essential
- Experience in microbiology/microbiome studies (wet or dry lab) is desirable
- Practical experience in a broad range of genomic and biochemistry techniques (e.g. omics) is desirable
- Knowledge of research procedures and statistical methods is essential
- A research background in physiology, metabolism or aging is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory, German proficiency is a plus
- Evidence of great communication and team work skills, curiosity-driven science and excellent problem-solving skills is essential
WE OFFER YOU
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from the 01.07.2021 on a full-time basis (39,83 hours pr week). The position is limited for three years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online with proof of the sought qualifications, including a CV and a one to two-page letter of interest (both written in English), proof of animal license and contact information for 2-3 academic references at:
https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de . The reference number is Wiss2104-04. The application deadline is 31.05.2021.
All questions regarding the post and/or project should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Filipe Cabreiro (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Postdoc Position: Next Level Machine Learning For Animal Behaviour Research, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 6 days ago
Are you a postdoc-level candidate and passionate about applying machine-learning to understanding animal behaviour? Then this could be the right opportunity for you! The WUR Animal Sciences Group ...
Postdoctoral Position In Cancer Immunology , University of Basel, Switzerland, 37 minutes ago
Postdoctoral Position in Cancer Immunology 100% (immediately) The childhood leukemia research group is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to complement our team at the Department of Bi...
Research Assistant, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Job Description Under supervision, the Research Assistant will oversee mouse colony, conduct independent research including performing a variety of highly specialized laboratory procedures in anim...
Research Associate (Biodiversity Modelling) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 8 days ago
Job posting – Ref.#08-21004 For over 200 years the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) represents one of the most relevant institutions investigating nature and its diversity. Curren...
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Dr. Zongmin Zhao Lab) (Job Id #146468), University of Illinois, United States, about 2 hours ago
1) Must have a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Immunology, Biology, or a related discipline by the time of appointment. 2) Experti...
Research Assistant, Pharmacology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for the Research Assistant position at Prof Fred Wong, Respiratory Pharmacology Laboratory, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicin...