31.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We are looking for a scientist (Postdoc, m/w/d) who shares our enthusiasm about human T cell engineering and to work on our new project entitled “CRISPR-dissection of human regulatory T cell stability and function” Our profile: Our team mission is to increase our understanding of human T cell function and stability and the underlying transcriptional networks for future cell therapies against autoimmune diseases and cancer. We developed several CRISPR tools for gene knockouts, gene knockins as well as pooled and arrayed CRISPR screens in primary human T cell subsets. The focus of the project will be to systematically dissect transcription factor functions in human regulatory T (Treg) cells using state of the art CRISPR screening and cell engineering technologies.
- PhD degree in Immunology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Biology or Biochemistry with outstanding result
- Indepths experience with molecular biology, cell biological and immunological assays
- Handson experience with next generation sequencing technologies (RNAseq/ATACseq)
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis tools (R/python) is a plus
- Enthusiasm for basic science and cell engineering
- Excellent team spirit, presentation, scientific writing and communication skills
- Analysis of Treg cell stability during inflammation
- Conducting large scale CRISPR screens in primary human Treg cells
- Developing functional cell validation assays based on tumor biopsies
- Conducting scRNA-seq and ATAC-seq analysis of human Treg cells
- Supervision of (grad) students
- Ambitious and innovation-oriented team committed to dissecting, engineering and understanding human T cell functions for future translational approaches
- Close collaborations with several laboratories at TUM and external partners
- Well-equipped laboratory in our institute close to Munich city center
- Full time position as scientist / PostDoc (m/w/d) starting on October 1st 2021, currently secured for 36 months (salary according to TV-L)
Are you excited to modulate T cell function? Great! We are looking forward to your email application until July 4th 2021 (CV, letter of motivation and references in one document). TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired. Further questions? We are happy to receive your email or phone call!
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: Prof. Dr. Kathrin Schumann / +89 41409045/ firstname.lastname@example.org / http://www.mikrobio.med.tu-muenchen.de/
2 Postdoc Positions In Human Cancer Immunology, Humanitas, Milan, Italy (# Of Pos: 2), Humanitas Clinical and Research Center, Italy, 21 days ago
We are seeking highly-motivated, outstanding junior or senior scientists to study the role of memory T cell differentiation and immunosuppression in the context of human cancer immunotherapy. We h...
Postdoc; Decoding Heterogeneity & Cellular Intercations By Microfluidics, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 11 days ago
Successful immunotherapy against cancer, infectious or immune-based diseases is the result of a multitude of cellular interactions within the immune system, including antigen presenting dendritic ...
Master Of Science Fellowship Announcement Natural Bioactives And Nutraceuticals Functionality..., iBET - Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica, Portugal, 15 days ago
Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica (iBET), Oeiras, Portugal, invites applications for a research fellowship in the field of Biotechnology available within the project “SusFishWaste- ...
Research Fellow, Pharmacy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job Description A Post-Doctoral Fellow position is available in A/Prof Victor Yu’s laboratory at National University of Singapore (NUS). The prime interest of the laboratory is to investigate the ...
Graduate Research Assistant Biomedical Engineering (James Lee Lab) (Job Id #149321), University of Illinois, United States, about 14 hours ago
Graduate students will be responsible to perform AD research, including cell culture, animal handling and dissection, biochemical characterizations, cell and membrane mechanical characterizations ...
Technician Position On Disease Modelling In 3 D Brain Organoids, IMBA-Institute of Molecular Biotechnology GmbH, Austria, 27 days ago
IMBA - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology is one of the leading biomedical research institutes in Europe focusing on cutting-edge functional genomics and stem cell technologies. IMBA is located ...