07.07.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We are looking for a scientist (Postdoc, m/w/d) who shares our enthusiasm about human T cell engineering and to work on our new project entitled “CRISPR-dissection of human regulatory T cell stability and function”
Our team mission is to increase our understanding of human T cell function and stability and the underlying transcriptional networks for future cell therapies against autoimmune diseases and cancer. We developed several CRISPR tools for gene knockouts, gene knockins as well as pooled and arrayed CRISPR screens in primary human T cell subsets (Schumann et al., 2015 PNAS; Hultquist et. al., 2016 Cell Reports; Schumann et al., 2020 Nat Immunol). The focus of the project will be to systematically dissect transcription factor functions in human regulatory T (Treg) cells using state of the art CRISPR screening and cell engineering technologies.
- PhD degree in Immunology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Biology or Biochemistry with outstanding result
- In-depths experience in immunological techniques and molecular biology
- Experience in next generation sequencing technologies (such as RNAseq/ATACseq) is beneficial
- Bioinformatics knowledge (e.g. NGS data analysis with R/python-based tools) is a plus
- Enthusiasm for basic science and cell engineering
- Excellent team spirit, presentation, scientific writing and communication skills
- Analysis of Treg cell stability during inflammation
- Conducting large scale CRISPR screens in primary human Treg cells
- Developing functional cell validation assays based on tumor biopsies
- Conducting scRNA-seq and ATAC-seq analysis of human Treg cells
- Supervision of (grad) students
- Ambitious and innovation-oriented team committed to dissecting, engineering and understanding human T cell functions for future translational approaches
- Close collaborations with several laboratories at TUM and external partners
- Well-equipped laboratory in our institute close to Munich city center
- Full time position as scientist / PostDoc (m/w/d) starting on October 1st 2021 or earlier, currently secured for 36 months (salary according to TV-L)
Are you excited to modulate T cell function? Great! We are looking forward to your email application (CV, letter of motivation and references in one document). TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired.
Further questions? We are happy to receive your email or phone call!
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: Prof. Dr. Kathrin Schumann / +89 41409045/ email@example.com / http://www.mikrobio.med.tu-muenchen.de/
Postdoc In Immunology/ Cell Biology/ Nano Science, Dept. of Materials Engineering, Israel, 13 days ago
We are a highly interdisciplinary lab that studies biophysical mechanisms underlying the interaction of T cells and NK cells with the environment, using nanoengineered surfaces that provide the ce...
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz As...
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Institut Für Chemie Und Biochemie Student Assistant (M/F/D) 40 H/Month. Limited To 2 Years Reference Code: Hfsp21 Stud Hi Bewerbungsende: 27.09.2021, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Bottanelli lab is looking to hire a student assistant on a project funded by the Human Frontier Science Program early career research grant “T cell microvillus as a new signaling organelle”. T...
Young Doctor (Post Doc) Car Net, Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Poland, 3 days ago
Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine in Warsaw, Poland, offers a Young Doctor (postdoctoral) position in the Medical Research Agency CAR-NET project “Polish Chimeric Antigen Receptor T...
Postdoc In Single Cell Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 8 hours ago
The “Chromatin Biochemistry” laboratory of Prof. Wolfgang Fischle at KAUST invites applications for a Postdoc position in “Single Cell Analysis of Metabolome-Epigenome Interplay”. Our research tea...
Postdoc Position On Stem Cells And Epithelia Mechanobiology At Dan Stem, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 days ago
The Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is looking for a Postdoctoral candidate to join the Aragona group starting February 1s...