The Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (www.bnitm.de) is the largest Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Germany and is the National Reference Centre for Tropical Pathogens, a WHO Collaborating Centre and member of the Leibniz Research Association.
From 1 February 2022 the Department of Virology-Preclinical Models Lab at the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine is looking for a highly motivated, creative and collaborative
– EG 13 TV-AVH –
The position is part of the EU Horizon 2021 project “Equine polyclonal antibodies immunotherapy against COVID-19/SARS-COV2–VOC” and includes laboratory and animal work (mice). We seek for a highly motivated, hard-working, independent, creative and collaborative candidate.
Core tasks will include
- Molecular and cellular biology techniques: PCR, cloning, RNA/DNA handling, cell culture
- Immunology techniques: flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT
- Virology techniques: Infections, titration, virus isolation
- Isolation of stem cells, purification and differentiation of immune cells
- Animal work in mice: transplantation of cells, infections, body scoring, dissection
- Detailed documentation and presentation of experiments
- Supervision of students and technical assistants
- Completed PhD in the field of infectious disease, molecular biology or immunology
- Highly interested in infectious diseases and animal work
- Strong expertise in animal work (Felasa certificate required)
- Fluent oral and written English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and execute experiments independently and flexibly
- Strong team spirit and communication skills
- Creative mindset and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in working in high containment labs (S3 or S4) is a plus
- Knowledge on bioinformatics is desirable
- Interesting work as part of challenging projects in an interdisciplinary research area at an institute of the Leibniz Research Association
- Integration into an open-minded, motivated and supportive team
- A central location at the Landungsbrücken, easily accessible by public transport
- 30 days of vacation per year
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Subsidy for childcare
- Subsidy for the HVV-ProfiTicket
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Special conditions in selected sports and fitness clubs in Hamburg
The position is initially limited until 30.06.2023 and is remunerated in accordance with the German salary scheme for the public service (TV-AVH Hamburg).
We support our employees in achieving a work-life balance and promote the professional equality of women and men. We strive to assist women in their scientific career, increase the number of women in research and reduce under-representation in all areas and positions in general. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference when equally qualified.
As a member of the Diversity Charter, the largest diversity management network in Germany, we are also committed to making diversity an integral part of our institute culture. It is our goal to create a working environment that is free of prejudice.
Please send your application by 18.1.2022 via our jobportal with the required documents (letter of motivation, detailed CV, university certificates with grades and if applicable contact details of references).
Alternatively, you may apply by postal mail referring to"Viro-Postdoc" to: Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, HR Department, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 74, 20359 Hamburg, Germany.
If you have any questions regarding the formal application process or the selection procedure, please contact Jeannette Meurer from the HR Department (meurer(at)bnitm.de ).
For further questions regarding the position please contact Dr. Estefanía Rodríguez (estefania.rodriguez(at)bnitm.de , Tel.: 040/42818-541).
Research Assistant (M/F/D) In The Area Of Microplastics In Terrestrial Systems, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Germany, 1 day ago
Decades of careless use, and improper disposal have resulted in plastic pollution accumulating almost everywhere on earth, and microplastics have now been documented in even the most remote enviro...
1 Position Of R2 A Postdoctoral Researcher (Id 05/2022), Institut d&#039;Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS), Spain, 3 days ago
Required qualifications and skills: Required Education Level: PhD in Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology or similar/equivalent. Experience Required: Strong laboratory skills with demonstrate...
Postdoctoral Position In Bioinformatics (M/F/D), Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ), Germany, 3 days ago
Location: Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany Institute: LMU Munich, Faculty of Biology, Munich, Germany Group: Prof. Korbinian Schneeberger Starting date: April 202...
11 Ph.D Candidates (F/M/D) (International Research Training Group (Irtg) 2172 ) (Id 15986), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 2 hours ago
Einrichtung: International Research Training Group (IRTG) 2172 (ID 15986) Ansprechpartner: Besetzungsdatum: 01.06.2022 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 11.01.2022 The International Research Training Group...
Postdoc Position 100% To Establish A Mammalian Intestinal Organoid System , University of Basel, Switzerland, 16 days ago
The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading life sciences institutes in the world. It consists of 30 groups and 500 employees that research how molecules and cells create life,...
Assistant (Teaching Group), University of Technology and Life Sciences, Poland, 4 days ago
DESCRIPTION (subject, expectations, comments) The candidate should have a master's degree in the field of animal husbandry. The candidate is expected to have a predisposition to irregular working ...