The Institute for Molecular Biology, University Medical Center Göttingen opens a position as:
- Specialization: in Molecular Cell Biology
- Limitation: available for 3 years and further extension is anticipated
- Working period: 38,5 h/week
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 24.05.2023
- Vacancy from 01.07.2023
- Application deadline: 11.06.2023
The goal of our group is to elucidate mechanisms of gene expression and its regulation. RNAs and ribonucleoprotein complexes (RNPs) play key roles in many cellular processes and their malfunction leads to a multitude of diseases. Gene expression involves numerous steps, such as transcription, RNP maturation, translation and RNA/RNP decay and a growing body of evidence indicates that many of these processes are spatially and/or temporally co-ordinated.
A major research focus in our group is on the emerging topic of cross-regulation of different gene expression processes, characterizing multifunctional factors and discovering new interconnections. We employ cutting-edge methods from biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, among them several high-throughput sequencing approaches and mass spectrometry.
- Developing experimental projects that study the assembly, dynamics and cellular functions of RNPs and their roles in coordinating different gene expression processes
- Use of a broad spectrum of advanced methods in molecular, cellular and structural biology, biochemistry and molecular medicine
- Candidates with interest/experience in bioinformatics can combine wet-lab experiments with computational analysis of data from methods that study RNA-protein interactions, dynamics of gene expression and cross-regulation of several cellular processes
- Collaborative work in our research team, for example together with PhD or BSc/MSc students
- Motivated and enthusiastic scientist aiming to understand the molecular basis of gene expression
- BSc/MSc degree and PhD in molecular or cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or a related subject
- A strong background and interest in gene expression and molecular biology
- Experience with experimental workflows to analyse protein-protein/protein-RNA interactions or the functions of RNPs/macromolecular complexes
- Experience with the analysis of large datasets (transcriptome/proteome) is advantageous
- Ability to work independently and also in a team
- Good command of the English language
- Work in a stimulating, interdisciplinary and innovative environment within a highly motivated, skilled and international team
- Be part of the excellent research on the Göttingen campus and its outstanding research consortia
- Salary according to the collective agreement for the public State service (TV-L) including social benefits
Please send the PDF file of your application including your CV, exam certificates and list of publications, a summary of your current scientific work and names of three academic referees by e-mail.
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 11.06.2023:
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Postdoctoral Researcher In Software Development And Modeling Of Rna And Rnp 3 D Structure, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 17 days ago
12 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw Department Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering Research Field Biol...
Postdoctoral Studies In Cardiac Delivery Of Therapeutic Oligonucleotide Conjugates (Scholarship), Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Laboratory Medicine consists of seven divisions and is active in many areas of Laboratory Medicine. The department is i...
Research Fellow (Pharmacy), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Job Description The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently recruiting a (Postdoctoral) Research Fellow. We are seeking for a motivated post-docto...
Postdoc (M/F/D) Junior Research Group Muscle Physiology And Metabolism, Leibniz, Germany, 17 days ago
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of ...
Postdoc In Computational Biology , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in Computational Biology in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.org/) at the Dep...
Research Assistant, Cancer Science Institute (Jr:21448), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, about 1 month ago
30 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Medical sciences Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First ...