The Institute for Molecular Biology, University Medical Center Göttingen opens a position as:
- Specialization: in Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics
- Limitation: available for 3 years and further extension is anticipated
- Working period: 38,5 h/week
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 24.05.2023
- Vacancy from 01.07.2023
- Application deadline: 11.06.2023
Our group focuses on understanding the mechanisms and regulation of gene expression. RNA modifications are key regulators of RNAs and RNA-protein complexes in all major aspects of gene expression and their dysregulation leads to a multitude of diseases. Revealing the biogenesis, dynamics and functions of RNA modifications are central goals of our research. We characterize RNA modification enzymes and investigate the molecular functions of modified nucleotides in different gene expression processes, e.g. pre-mRNA splicing, translation, ribosome assembly, RNA localization as well as exploring how the RNA modification landscape is altered in disease. We employ cutting-edge methods from biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, among them several powerful high-throughput approaches involving deep sequencing, mass spectrometry and bioinformatics. We also develop new, innovative methods for transcriptome-wide mapping of RNA modifications in close collaboration with organic chemists and structural biologists. Several exciting, high-potential projects are available and can be pursued by interested candidates.
- Driving experimental projects that study the biogenesis, dynamics and functions of RNA modifications in different gene expression processes
- Use of a broad spectrum of advanced methods in molecular, cellular and structural biology, biochemistry and molecular medicine
- Candidates with interest/experience in bioinformatics can combine wet-lab experiments with computational data analysis
- Collaborative work in our research team, for example together with PhD or BSc/MSc students
- Enthusiasm for science and interest in understanding gene expression to the molecular level
- BSc/MSc degree and PhD in molecular or cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or a related subject
- Experience with generating and analysing high throughput experimental data related to RNA modifications, mapping protein binding sites on transcripts or changes in gene expression
- Experience with building sequencing libraries or the development/application of bioinformatics pipelines is advantageous
- Ability to work independently and also in a team
- Good command of the English language
- Work in a stimulating, interdisciplinary and innovative environment within a highly motivated, skilled and international team
- Be part of the excellent research on the Göttingen campus and its outstanding research consortia
- Salary according to the collective agreement for the public State service (TV-L) including social benefits
Please send the PDF file of your application including your CV, exam certificates and list of publications, a summary of your current scientific work and names of three academic referees by e-mail.
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 11.06.2023:
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Postdoc In Computational Biology , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in Computational Biology in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.org/) at the Dep...
Postdoc (M/F/D) Junior Research Group Muscle Physiology And Metabolism, Leibniz, Germany, 18 days ago
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of ...
Postdoc In Epigenetics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in epigenetics in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.org/) at the Department of...
Postdoctoral Researcher (F,M,Div) In Plant Temperature Sensing, Leibniz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) aims for excellence in horticultural research and related plant, environmental and social sciences. IGZ is based in Großbeeren close t...
1 Postdoc (M/F/D) / Junior Research Group Muscle Physiology And Metabolism, Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung Potsdam-Rehbrücke, Germany, 24 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung Potsdam-Rehbrücke Research Field Biological sciences » Nutritional sciences Researcher Profile Recognised...
Postdoctoral Studies In Cardiac Delivery Of Therapeutic Oligonucleotide Conjugates (Scholarship), Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Laboratory Medicine consists of seven divisions and is active in many areas of Laboratory Medicine. The department is i...