The Leibniz Institute for Resilience Research (LIR) gGmbH is an independent research institute aiming for a better understanding of resilience, i.e., an individual’s ability to successfully adapt to stress or adversity without developing stress-related psychiatric conditions. It investigates the mechanisms that mediate resilience, develops resilience-promoting interventions and implements effective interventions in healthcare in companies, schools or universities.
The research group of Prof. Dr. Marianne Müller develops animal models to investigate the neurobiological and systems biological mechanisms of resilience. As part of the project Systems Biology Mechanisms of Resilience in Animal Models, we are looking for the following person to start as soon as possible.
Post-doctoral researcher (m/w/d)
(100 % position, currently 38,5 hours/week)
limited for 3 years. The temporary employment is based on the regulations of the Law on Temporary Employment Contracts in Science (WissZeitVG). Payment is based on EG 13 TV-UM (collective agreement of the University Medical Center Mainz).
Your tasks include:
- Establishing and optimizing new methods at the interface between behavioral biology, physiology and stress research in the mouse model, e.g. establishment of telemetry system, data-driven behavioral signatures
- Writing manuscripts and project-related proposals to attract external financial project funding
- Presentation of results at scientific congresses
- Supervision and guidance of PhD students and technical assistants
- You have a completed scientific university study in natural sciences, veterinary medicine, medicine (diploma/master's degree) or a comparable qualification and a PhD ideally in this field
- You have professional experience in animal experiments with mice, in particular experience in stress models, physiology and/or behavioral biology as well as sound knowledge in statistical evaluation. Experience with surgical techniques on mice (implantation of indwelling catheters, implantation of telemetry systems or stereotactic surgery) is desirable.
- You have a great interest in the topic of resilience as well as translational research.
- You can work in a structured and independent manner. In addition, you can express yourself very well in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy working in an international research team, are flexible in your working hours and have a reliable, precise and conscientious working style.
- a challenging, highly dynamic and science-driven working environment
- flat hierarchies, responsibility and a great deal of creative freedom
- Job ticket (very good public transport connections)
- Flexible working hours
- VBL - pension scheme for non-civil servants in the public sector
For research related questions, please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Marianne Müller (marianne.mueller(at)lir-mainz.de ). For questions regarding employment and salary details at the LIR gGmbH, as well as compatibility of family and work, please contact Frau Leena Hall, Head of HR, (leena.hall(at)lir-mainz.de ).
Please send us your detailed application by e-mail only and in one coherent PDF file, stating your earliest possible start date to: recruiting(at)lir-mainz.de . Please state the reference number LIR_49 in the subject line.
The job posting is active until a suitable candidate is found.
Women shall be given preferential consideration in recruitment in the case of equivalent suitability, qualification and professional performance, insofar as and as long as there is an under-representation. This does not apply if there are such serious reasons in the person of an applicant that they outweigh women, even taking into account the requirement for equality. Severely disabled applicants with the same qualifications will be given preference (proof required).
Link to the data protection declaration of LIR gGmbH: https://lir-mainz.de/datenschutz
Research Assistant (F/M/D)Department Für Nutztierwissenschaften , Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 11 hours ago
wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2540 Facility: Department für Nutztierwissenschaften Contact person: Dr. Martin Hünerberg email@example.com 0551 392174...
Post Doc Position (All Genders Welcome)Institute For Theoretical Physics, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 12 days ago
Post-doc position (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 2516 Facility: Institute for Theoretical Physics Contact person: Prof. Dr. Marcus Müller firstname.lastname@example.org 0551-3926...
Senior Researcher For The Study Of Animal Metabolism, Mendel University, Czech, 4 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Mendel University Research Field Biological sciences » Laboratory animal science Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Czech Republic ...
Researcher For The Animal Welfare Program [Ref. 63/23], IRTA, Spain, about 1 month ago
4 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company IRTA Department Human Resources Research Field Biological sciences » Laboratory animal science Agricultural sciences Researcher Profile First Stage ...
Research Assistant, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 15 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Women’s and Children’s Health and, in particular, the Division of Paediatric Oncology and Paediatric Surgery performs r...
Research Assistant In Systems Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 5 days ago
Do you want to contribute to better health for all? The position regards experimental research in model animal that will be conducted in Dr. Marie Carlén’s research group, the department of Neuros...