The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
The aim of the project is to develop new methods for biological research that are not based on animal models ("non-animal testing"). Bio-printed 3D cell cultures are created that are NMR-compatible and will enable to study transport processes in such tissue-like models in vitro.
In the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Dortmund we invite applications for aPost-doctoral position/Scientist (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for:
- Bio-printing 3D cell culture models and developing appropriate microfluidics to maintain physiological conditions during NMR measurements
- Running and maintaining two 600 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with cryo- and MAS-probe.
- Conceptual planning of new NMR experiments
- Evaluation and interpretation of large data sets of metabolites/lipids
- Applying suitable statistical methods for data evaluation
- Supervision and assistance of experiments with internal and external cooperating/collaborating partners
- Presentation and publication of the research results as well as obtaining third party funding
- University degree in Physics/Chemistry/ Biochemistry (or a similar subject) with a strong interest in life science
- Advanced experience in NMR spectroscopy
- English (advanced), German (basics)
- Knowledge in Cell-culture/ 3D cell culture is eligible
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are preferable
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
- Extensive “on-board” training and mobile working possibilities.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and therefore particularly encourages women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately. It is fixed-termed and offered for three years.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber .
Closing date for application is October 4, 2023. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number LP_228/2023 in the subject header) as one pdf document to bewerbungen(at)isas.de . Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the Human Resources team (bewerbungen(at)isas.de ). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de/en .
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 1 hour ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...
Immuno Genomics Post Doctoral Position, Genetics Branch, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Monday, October 30, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Oncogenomics section of the Genetics Branch is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary translatio...
Post Doctoral Researcher, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Modeling Gene Disruptions In Human Neurons, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics Research Field Physics Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherland...
Postdoc Position In Development And Application Of In Situ Solid State Nmr (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 1 month ago
31 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Utrecht University Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Netherlands Application Deadline 20 Nov 2023 - 23:...
Associate Researcher In Translational Single Cell Genomics (Pa2023/3482) , University of Lund, Sweden, 8 days ago
Description of the workplace The Center for Translational Genomics (CTG) is a prioritized research infrastructure at the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, which is part of the Clinical Genomi...